Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Nice article Tyler, I just went through this when I picked an Indy to install my Neuspeed suspension! :thumbup:

·
Registered
936 Posts
looks great!

another tip:

once you have found a shop, or even a fav. dealer, use the SAME technician...(make sure he is competent tho...)

after you have has little things fixed by the tech, and had a few conversations with him, do your best to kind of figure out what he likes...

is he food motivated?
does he like alochol (not on the job!)?
does he like gadgets?

for a big job (that costs $, like a timing belt....or anyhting else complicated...), buy the technician a GIFT.....

$5-15 of a gift will go a LONG way....

example: 6-pack of beer with a note on it "To 'John' for a job well done."

or buy him lunch if its that time of day.....

or anything else along thoes lines that your technician will enjoy.....

he will think "gee, this guy is decent.....no one ever gives me anything....i must be appreciated....im going to strive to impress this guy with my work"

also, the EASIEST way to piss off the people handling your car is to have them do extra work, just for the nit-picking customer who is upset about the grease finger print on the door.....let it go....dont make them clean the SINgLE fingerprint.....(or anything similar) you will more than likely be looked at as an 'annoying' customer in the future, and will probably be shoveled through the service area as fast as possible like the majority of other cars.....

but if you get the car back COVERED in grease, then you have a right to complain, as NICELY as possible...

dont forget to personally thank your tech once you pick up your car!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Also one thing that I noticed about the indy guy I went to for AC repair, power steering rack replacement, and 1 control arm, his ENTIRE LOT was full of 80's and 90's Audis, BMW's, Benz's, and a couple of Porsches. It was a good indication that this guy KNOWS his German cars pretty darn well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.