Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new vehicle for the wife over the weekend.
Wife wanted / needed a bigger vehicle because our needs and lifestyle will be changing here in the very near future.
It's not what I would normally pick as a first choice, but I knew the owner and the opportunity presented itself. I couldn't pass this deal up.
It fit's right into with what we are needing as we go forward with our plans going from apartment life to a home and property in the middle of nowhere.

2016 TOYOTA RAV4 Limited - 30k miles.

Reactions: PZ and VAGguy

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So this means the wife's Passat GLX will be going up for sale here shortly.

·
Registered
Blue 2020 Passat
13 Posts
The RAV is a great little vehicle. My best friend owns two. Over the years, the six-cylinder engines have been harder and harder to find.

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,889 Posts
PW user beaumisbro had this year Rav4 Hybrid for his wife before they traded it in on an Arteon. Reliable as the sun, but the gas pedal is basically a volume knob for the engine.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well here's that list of Vintage Iron.
5 Passat's right now. Three W8's and two V6's.
1999 Chevy 3500 cube van.
1966 Ford F250 4x4 pick-up.
And now the 2016 Toyota RAV4

It's a used car lot!

Even though my wife's car is the one I've invested the most time and money, it's one of the ones that needs to go.
It's a nice car, I just prefer manual transmission and her car is the only one that's automatic.
I'll also be selling one of the W8's here soon.
The other thing is insurance, I'm paying on these vehicles that just sit around. Not very financially sound on my part. My insurance is cheap from having a great driving record but I can think of a lot better / smarter things to do with that money.

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Selling one of the W8's, you say?
Wouldn't you like a nice 1.8T 5MT sedan in trade? It's survived the 'Sha for the past seven years ...

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Selling one of the W8's, you say?
Wouldn't you like a nice 1.8T 5MT sedan in trade? It's survived the 'Sha for the past seven years ...
Hey, how's it going?
PM sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts