Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Warped said:
Your all over the place man. Now onto 5 stars hmmmm.
What about the Fondmetal 9X :???:
What happened to the Mesh wheels? :lol:
Well, if you don't take time to figure out what you think looks/fits/fits your budget better, you might as well roll with K-mart HUBCAPS in chrome with spinners painted on them. Warped has those; I heard he's really particular. :poke:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Warped said:
Warped, if those q's are for me, I edited off one or two wheels b/c I decided I didn't like those wheels anymore (like within 5 minutes of posting them).

I'm trying to decide what wheels I want based on two "fronts", the 5-spoke front and the Mesh front. You're very observant to notice that I've made multiple posts about both styles. I'll say that I'm leaning toward Mesh at this point. But that could change, and I've got plennnty of time to decide, like two months. It's always good to be obsessed about something, don't you think? :lol: :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Evo 5's

I got Evo 5's (17's) on mine when i brought it and they look nice, the only problem's i've got with then are #1-the bolt's (takes ages to clean) and #2-the coating is bubbling (this could be through lack of cleaning from previous owner :???: ). Also could i suggest looking at MVK-1's or OZ VELA's as i think there cool (a local taxi has the MVK's in 18's and they look sweet :D ).

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
gnosis said:
Warped said:
Warped, if those q's are for me, I edited off one or two wheels b/c I decided I didn't like those wheels anymore (like within 5 minutes of posting them).

I'm trying to decide what wheels I want based on two "fronts", the 5-spoke front and the Mesh front. You're very observant to notice that I've made multiple posts about both styles. I'll say that I'm leaning toward Mesh at this point. But that could change, and I've got plennnty of time to decide, like two months. It's always good to be obsessed about something, don't you think? :lol: :crazy: :lol:
I understand I took a long time trying to decide on wheels. I was in love with the Maya's but just way to much money. So I wanted something in that Style because I think the Euro cars look great with a mesh type wheel. Then I was going through a Strickly Foreign catalog and "BAM" there were the HP EVO'S :shock: That was the rims for me :D
So then on to suspension that racked my brain :weirdo: most of the winter and "BAM along comes a group buy on Springs & Shocks :D So at that point I stopped racking my brain :weirdo: Glad it's over I was starting to get really pissed at myself for not picking something.
But I had Visions man :crazy:
Good luck :wink:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you going to make your choice out of the five the you have posted go with the ENKEI'S 1. they are 18 inch they will look just as big as the 17 inch wheels with the spokes all the way to the edge. 2. I have bought two sets of ENKEI wheel and they are lighter than any of the other choices and they hold the appearance pretty well. Another light weight wheel line to look at is the Konig wheel (on the same website you found the enkei wheels) :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I like the RS6, but I'd want those in 17's, which I haven't found yet. Is 30 offset to wide for B5.5?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts