Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my '02 Blue Anthracite which will be 1.75" lower in a few months (click my website button)... which of the following 5 spoke rims do you think would look the best? Please give comments and suggestions too! I'm fairly certain that if I get deep dish it should be 18". If it's not a deep dish, it's gonna be 17". Also, which looks better between the A4 replica and the Voxx R Action?

17" Fondmetal Type 5800

17" A4 replica (Voxx)

17" Voxx R Action

17" MM Evo 5

18" Enkei DM5

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Can I take none of the above? If I must choose I'd say the Fondmetal 5800. Definitely not the Enkei's. bleh.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good choice, Clay :lol: Seriously though, those rims have made it to the Final Four of my March Modding Madness!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, those are also being considered. I listed all those 5-spokers above to play two into my final four, which is now:

17" MM Evo 5
17" A4 replica
17" ASA AR1
18" Flik Wasp

I guess I'll be posting a "vote for one of these" next. It's all about process of elimination.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it was funny that after a few hours of web browsing and deep thought I was pretty sure I was going to get something other than A4 rims, but then I went out to do an errand and an A4 drove by me slowly and those rims were just revolving NICE. The AR1's and Wasps definitely look nicer when the car is stopped and you can admire their complexity and sophistication, but nothing beats a good 5-spoke wheel on a slow moving car.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The problem with those R-actions is that I can't find a single on-car photo anywhere on the net, so I don't know what it really looks like. I know, an internet photo wouldn't be as good just as seeing it in person, but at least it'd be something.

·
Registered
549 Posts

A4 Replicas! Although, mine are the real ones.

If you do buy OEM A4 wheels off someone, look closely at the tire size. I had rubbing issues with 234/45 tires... had to modify the wheel well on the right rear.

Nick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that because OEM A4 offset is 45 (I think) so it pushed those wide 235 tires too far into the wheelwell?

·
Registered
549 Posts
gnosis said:
Is that because OEM A4 offset is 45 (I think) so it pushed those wide 235 tires too far into the wheelwell?
Yup. The replicas with the right offset should be fine with the 235 tire. I had rubbing on the inside of the wheel. I just had to tighten down the wheelwell liner a bit.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Your all over the place man. Now onto 5 stars hmmmm.
What about the Fondmetal 9X :???:
What happened to the Mesh wheels? :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts