Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgive me if this is a repost but i did my search. Does anyone have a picture to illustrate the difference between ET35 and ET42? I saw a set of Hartmanns in Achtuning.com but I'm not sure how these ET35's and 42 looks like. Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't have a pic of how it would look. The 42mm offset would have the wheel sit more inside the wheel well. AKA the sucked in look. The 35mm offset would give the wheel a more poked look and stick further out of the wheel well.
I hope that helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ET35 on my factory ET37 B5.5

Unless you are running factory ET45 like on the B5 don't go ET42 :thumbup:

I went out on the impreza too from ET55 to ET46, much better:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sucked-in look? is that bad? I don't know if wheel spacers are legal here in Canada so it isn't an option at the moment.

Is this what a sucked-in looks like?

btw, great cars! both of them!:thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sucked-in look? is that bad? I don't know if wheel spacers are legal here in Canada so it isn't an option at the moment.

Is this what a sucked-in looks like?

btw, great cars! both of them!:thumbup:
The lower the ET the more the wheel sticks out. They look about right now but the factory spec wheel looked sucked in. IMHO.

The lower ET on the new gold wheels is to accomodate larger brakes, it needs to stick out more. The new picture is factory ET but more sucked in the an the gold wheels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is that sitting on stock suspension?
Yes mate, factory sport springs, which I believe are 20mm lower:thumbup:

I would like to go lower but the reason I bought the passat was because the more I modded the Impreza the less comfortable it became for the family so sport springs it is. The 18"s on lower profiles have eliminated more of the passat's floaty-ness without messing up the ride and overall comfort. I think non-sport stock springs must be a nightmare for floaty-ness, this 1.8T sport certianly felt at the limits of acceptable steering feedback even with the sport springs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lower the ET the more the wheel sticks out. They look about right now but the factory spec wheel looked sucked in. IMHO.

The new picture is factory ET but more sucked in the an the gold wheels.

You just answered my question! can't get anything better than that! Thanks for your help! Cheers!:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts