Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone at PW,

Please post pics of your 5300K HID conversion kit (day and night - videos are welcome too!) Searching the web/PW has not yeilded much! 5 and 6000k are also welcome for comparisons sake (Free Whorin :thumbup:). Looking to do the HID conversion soon.
Any comments on how the light output quality is with the stock H7 projectors?!?!
Thanks

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Haven't seen much in the way of 5300K HIDs. 4300K is OEM for most cars, 5000K is whitest (IMO) and 6000K is just barely getting into the blue-white realm.

I've got a 5000K McCulloch kit. Sorry for the cellphone pics. The mood just struck me the other night and it's all I had available ...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those seem very white, its hard to tell with the pics, but is there any blueish tint to them when looking at them, or any blueishness on the road

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow they look great, very close to OEM, I like the tint of blue. Are those FK headlights made with projectors for Xenons or for Halogens?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took these a few minutes ago for ya.

Warming up the HID's video :thumbup:

Looks bluer in the video than they really are. You can tell, the amber city lights are really amber, too.

Daytime Shot 1

Daytime Shot 2

Daytime Shot 3

:thumbup:
Nice vid. Thanks so much, I am pretty sure I want to go with the 5300s now.
From what I can tell they look really white with a hint of blue. I'm guessing they look a little more blue during the night eh? How are they for driving at night - even if they are in the stock projectors? On the road do they look bright white or can you see a little blue on the road?
Got any night pics?

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Nice vid. Thanks so much, I am pretty sure I want to go with the 5300s now.
From what I can tell they look really white with a hint of blue. I'm guessing they look a little more blue during the night eh? How are they for driving at night - even if they are in the stock projectors? On the road do they look bright white or can you see a little blue on the road?
Got any night pics?

Cheers :thumbup:
They're extremely white at night, maybe a hint of blue, but not obnoxious. They're so so so much better than the stock halogens. :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Do you mind taking some pics/vid looking at the lights at night? That would be great :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts