Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
pictures are here!

It prob. isn't marcello's passat (unless his armor really WASN'T thick enough end the banditos are now selling his Passat ;) ) but here is an armored passat for you:

the sale of this armored passat can be found HERE: http://www.worldwidearmor.com/for_sale_46.html

WorldWideArmor said:
2002 VW Passat V6 – only 24,328 miles

Armored to Level 3 (equivalent CEN B4)–Factory armored by VW Germany with Isoclima transparent armor 19 mm: All curved glass/polycarbonate/glass both windows are operable (fully lowerable), opaque armor consists of ballistic steel protection in all cabin, doors, posts, sides, firewall, and roof. Fragmentation blanket in floor against grenades.

Additional accessories include and 4 run flat tires. 3.0 litre V-6 210 HP, 4 motion 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive plus auto stick, airbags, ABS, Obsidian Blue with Black Leather interior, automatic air
conditioning, heated front seats, AM/FM stereo with CD. Located in Mexico.
enjoy! ;) hopefully this will satisfy everyone's urge to see the armored passat.

and besides, who the f*** needs this much armor?!? jeezus!

Also, what kind of engine is a 3.0l v6? do they mean 2.8l? With seeing the "210hp" rating, i would think it is just a chipped v6 or something. :confused: I personally think this would be really slow with even 210 hp... it could use a nice audi 4.2l or a W8 at least.

matt :thumbup:

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
mstine said:
snip

WorldWideArmor said:
2002 VW Passat V6 – only 24,328 miles

Armored to Level 3 (equivalent CEN B4)–Factory armored by VW Germany with Isoclima transparent armor 19 mm: All curved glass/polycarbonate/glass both windows are operable (fully lowerable), opaque armor consists of ballistic steel protection in all cabin, doors, posts, sides, firewall, and roof. Fragmentation blanket in floor against grenades.

Additional accessories include and 4 run flat tires. 3.0 litre V-6 210 HP, 4 motion 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive plus auto stick, airbags, ABS, Obsidian Blue with Black Leather interior, automatic air
conditioning, heated front seats, AM/FM stereo with CD. Located in Mexico.
/snip
:lol: Both windows? Thought they had four?!

Being a VW how long before the windows crap out in the down position!

Good find

·
Registered
324 Posts
mycarsavw said:
Being a VW how long before the windows crap out in the down position!
haha, i bet that is what happened to marcello while trying to get away... the d*mn windows wouldn't go back up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we will probably never get to see the pics of his armored passat :nervous:

matt

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
mstine said:
haha, i bet that is what happened to marcello while trying to get away... the d*mn windows wouldn't go back up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's so wrong! :lol:

I have secretly always wanted to armor my Passat. Why? Why not? Because nobody else in the enthusiast circle has yet. I'm about 90% done with the yet-to-be-revealed mods on my decidedly mafiaesque black B5.5 and this would really just top it off. But not with just a chipped 1.8T. An armor package worth anything would require at least W8 power to move halfway decently and not damage the drivetrain from weight day to day.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
StattlichPassat said:
That's so wrong! :lol:

I have secretly always wanted to armor my Passat. Why? Why not? Because nobody else in the enthusiast circle has yet. I'm about 90% done with the yet-to-be-revealed mods on my decidedly mafiaesque black B5.5 and this would really just top it off. But not with just a chipped 1.8T. An armor package worth anything would require at least W8 power to move halfway decently and not damage the drivetrain from weight day to day.
plus an extra set of guardian angels....AND you need padded foam around every light post in town..haha
:)

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
Hehehe, BUT does it still have its bellypan and is IT armored?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
mstine said:
It prob. isn't marcello's passat (unless his armor really WASN'T thick enough end the banditos are now selling his Passat ;) ) but here is an armored passat for you:

the sale of this armored passat can be found HERE: http://www.worldwidearmor.com/for_sale_46.html

enjoy! ;) hopefully this will satisfy everyone's urge to see the armored passat.

and besides, who the f*** needs this much armor?!? jeezus!

Also, what kind of engine is a 3.0l v6? do they mean 2.8l? With seeing the "210hp" rating, i would think it is just a chipped v6 or something. :confused: I personally think this would be really slow with even 210 hp... it could use a nice audi 4.2l or a W8 at least.

matt :thumbup:
even a chipped v6 wouldnt have 210 crank..more like 195-198 or so.
and yes i agreed how much does that beast weigh?..i am putting it at somewhere in the 5-6k range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ola Marcelo ! mais um brasuca que acho por aqui ! tb tenho um B5 blindado por enquanto... vou arrancar esse lastrooo já já !!

Hy !! i'm brazilian to, and my b5 is armored them, but it's a shitttttt !it's very heavy !I will try get out armor, need change 4 doors and glasses.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts