Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the english but Window Rubber is loose. Any idea as how to fix it? Is it glued?

The problem is with the left rear door. THe (external) rubbers of the other 3 doors are tight. Why is this???

THe photo was taken during night so it is not so clear. It illustrates my problem.

Thank you for helping me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Are you getting water inside your car?!? It's loose so you can roll your window up and down. It should be loose in all four of them. Where are you from and what language do you speak by the way?!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damn that picture is funny. Its like for the mentally challenged class. You crack me up Alex.

As vwpwr said, that is supposed to be loose so the window can move up and down, but tight enough to keep water out, yours looks fine to me

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If it's an old strip, only cure is to replace it. I have a gap in mine too, after I had some body work done. Water doesn't leak inside so I don't really care.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HKPassat

Your reply was the only serious one.

Definately the rubber is loose. It leaves a gap between window. I didn't even need to touch it.

I will take my Car to the Dealer today if I don't get an answer here. I will post the result back here.....

By the way, I am Greek and I am glad to be a member of this community......Keep it up!!!

Alex

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Alex P said:
Thanks HKPassat

Your reply was the only serious one.

Definately the rubber is loose. It leaves a gap between window. I didn't even need to touch it.

I will take my Car to the Dealer today if I don't get an answer here. I will post the result back here.....

By the way, I am Greek and I am glad to be a member of this community......Keep it up!!!

Alex
I m greek 2

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
they slide down into the window cill , when mine got loose I took it off bent it so it's shape holds it against the car and it should be fine. :thumbup: and im greek too.

good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.