Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I wanted a slick setup and a good technical challenge my money would go to a 900.7 (many possible wiring configs. You can never regret it.) Easily enough power. And I'd wire in 1 or 2 Titanium 10" subs, and your preferred flavor of components in the front (I don't think the Ti 6 elite fit without modding). The same set in the rear as in the front with the mids attenuated down 3db and the tweets down 6db or more.
:thumbup:

Use an EQ232 to get everything sweet up front. Get someone who knows what they're doing to RTA it and if you are a bit of a BASS head, toss in a Bass Cube!

Lotsa bucks at retail $$ but.......

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
For the front stage, get 4 of the 1200.1's (one for each mid and tweet!), then for serious power on the subs, go with ....

:lol:

really, a simple 500.4 will make an impressive system; a par of channels on the front, a pair bridged for bass- anything more will only get better (or louder). A 500.4 and a 600.2 would be very impressive- tons of power for bass and all 4 channels up front (or even run active x-over on mids and tweets- but u gotta run more wire, then :roll: )

I would love a crack at a system on the 900.7- that would be a nice clean install with HELLA options!

There are a few of us running in the 400 to 600+ watt range using PG stuff- I really like it and wont be switching unless something significant happens to their stuff.

Here come the flames!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mr. J,Why would someone flame such a quality opinion?
(I like rear fill, but respect those from the school of 100% front imaging)
PG still kicks butt after all these years. :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Wow! I can't believe people are suggesting what gear he use and only 1 person has even bothered to ask him any of the important questions. :nervous:

1) What kind of music do you listen to?
2) How much space are you willing to give up?
3) what's your budget?
4) How loud do you want it to get? (and be honest)
5) Do you plan on, or can you afford to, upgrade your electrical system to handle some of PGs HUGE amps?

Get back to me and we'll talk.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha paul your too funny.. :p

quality_sound said:
Wow! I can't believe people are suggesting what gear he use and only 1 person has even bothered to ask him any of the important questions. :nervous:

1) What kind of music do you listen to?
2) How much space are you willing to give up?
3) what's your budget?
4) How loud do you want it to get? (and be honest)
5) Do you plan on, or can you afford to, upgrade your electrical system to handle some of PGs HUGE amps?

Get back to me and we'll talk.

ok so here we go..

1.) i listen to pretty much everything.. depends on the mode i guess. anything from rap, to rock.. b ut mostly when im just rolling around i listen to simple plan, yellow card and so forth...

2.) in terms of space.. i'd like to reopen my trunk.. meaning i'd like to have my opening back.. so what im thinking about is either putting the subs into my rear deck, spare tire, ot possibly the sides since i dont use them anyways..

3.) Budget now i know this is important.. but its kinda iffy... i dont know how big of a discount i will get yet, just trying to feel out their equiment...

4.) In terms of loud.. im not really one of those im gonna roll next to you and you'll feel my bass accross the street kind of guys.. but i will be using this system to compete. I also wouldnt mind turning it up when i have a douche bag next to me who thinks his system is the shit when you can hear the rattle over his bass...

5.) What do you mean by ungrading my electricals?? Like a new alternator?? or do you mean more than that... im willing to either recoil, or replace my alternator...

paul your input will be wisely taken.. as i respect your opinion... :thumpups:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Jdubu81 said:
1.) i listen to pretty much everything.. depends on the mode i guess. anything from rap, to rock.. b ut mostly when im just rolling around i listen to simple plan, yellow card and so forth...
Where are the tone controls on your HU normally set?

2.) in terms of space.. i'd like to reopen my trunk.. meaning i'd like to have my opening back.. so what im thinking about is either putting the subs into my rear deck, spare tire, ot possibly the sides since i dont use them anyways..
The spare tire well is useless since it has a giant hump in the middle taking up most of the usable space. I'd look at the side pocket areas. The rear deck would work out great if you use something like and IDMAX10 that can be used without a box.

3.) Budget now i know this is important.. but its kinda iffy... i dont know how big of a discount i will get yet, just trying to feel out their equiment...
What brands can you get with that discount?

4.) In terms of loud.. im not really one of those im gonna roll next to you and you'll feel my bass accross the street kind of guys.. but i will be using this system to compete. I also wouldnt mind turning it up when i have a douche bag next to me who thinks his system is the shit when you can hear the rattle over his bass...
Hmmmm.....conflicting issues. A good SQ car with a single 10" will hit 130 and net max points, but to embarass anyone you're going to need a 12 or 2 IMO. Decisions, decisions. If you go with the rear deck option look at a pair of 10s. It'll fit better, sound better and be louder than a single 12".

5.) What do you mean by ungrading my electricals?? Like a new alternator?? or do you mean more than that... im willing to either recoil, or replace my alternator...
Unless you're looking for extra parking lot listening time, all you
MAY need is a lrger alternator. Wit this one out and see how your stock alt. works out. My guess is it'll be fine.

paul your input will be wisely taken.. as i respect your opinion... :thumpups:
awww..... :oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts