Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just instaled a set of Philips Vision Plus (low beam) and a set of Blue Vision (fog lights) on my B5.5 and i wanted to show you a picture i just took where you can see the difference in color betwen the Vision Plus and the city light.

For those who are thinking of getting a set, i ordered the bulbs from www.powerbulbs.com and it took about a week for delivery.

Oh, by the way, i tried to instal the Vision Plus W5W city lights but its a mayor pain in the a$$...has anyone instaled this ones before? any tips?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks great. I also have the Vision Plus H7s, but I got the Osram Super H3 fogs.
It makes a definite improvement, eh?

Yeah, those City Lights.
I had the same problem as you, until someone gave me the hot tip.
Pull on the wire. Yes, pull on the wire.
Sounded crazy to me, too, but that's the only way to do it.
Just pull with a steady pressure and it will pop out fairly easily.
It will go back in easily with your fingertips, and you'll feel it pop in securely.

The Philips Blue Vision City Lights will match your new lights completely.
Instead of that old yellow look in your picture, it will be bright and clear just like the VP's. :thumbup:

btw, you might consider the Euroswitch now if you don't already have it.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
ahhh that small bulb?? yes you just pull on it..get a good grip on the bulb holder and pull the wires out...when your ready to put it back you can just snap it back in there with a slight push....that should do it....

i like the Phillipis VP but i didnt really notice the blue vision as white so I got some ricer bulbs (more blue tint) that gives a nice white color for those small bulbs

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
1.8TB5.5,

Looks great. Can you post a picture of both lowbeam and fog lights shining?

Has anyone just removed the bulb for the city light? I was thinking of doing that. I want just the projectection light on, just like it is when only the DRL's are on. Is it safe to take the city light bulb out?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I tried running wihtout the city light bulb for a few days. I didnt think that it was a problem at all I just didnt want the way it looked. I have a Euroswitch and I always drive with my foglights on as DRL. It looked weird not having a light on the lens when I pulled the city light

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I was going to order the Blue vision from powerbulbs but by the time you convert the Euro to US then to Canuck $$ they were expensive. I ordered and got the Eurolite Fusion for $20 pair US out of Pheonix .. and thats another story ... Street Beat customs screwed me over and when I called they just shrugged it off.. but lites werked ok and look the same as Philips

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats an awsome tip Der Meister, thanks alot!...I'll try that and let you guys know how it went.

vwjedi, i'll try to take a picture today of the low beams and the fogs and post it later.

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
just installed my bulbs during lunch. (yay for powerbulbs.com for the week delivery). got the philips vp, the blue vision fogs, and the free w5w drl. took me 20 min total. nice and easy. thanks to the directions provided on this site.

note: the hood interior of my passat glx 03 was slightly different from the instructions, including the lower grill, but it was easy nevertheless.

as advised, i just yanked on that w5w and pop, out it came.

thanks clubb5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here ya go...

...sorry it took kinda long, but heres the pictures, plus the city lights instaled...Thanks to Der Meister for the great tip, it took me about 5 minutes to do it :lol:

On this picture, you can tell theres not much difference, if any, betwen the VisionPlus(low beam) and the BlueVision(fogs)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.