Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the music manager not let you do it. My desktop computer looks like it wants a vacation for a little while so its OOS. I hooked up my phatbox cart. to my laptop and wanted to transfer some songs from the cart. to the laptop and there dosent seem to be a way to do it. Any ideas or some software that i am not aware of? or am i just lazy and need to look harder?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It can be done,but don't know if it is specific songs I did it with all the songs. Dont remember how,but if you call Phatnoise cust. service they will tell you how.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Go to 'My Computer' with the Phatbox cartridge installed and you will see it as another hard drive. You can explore it just like any other drive and all of your songs will be in folders like a normal drive. Just copy from there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
^^Polaris has it. The reason why it's really hard is because they think the Phatnoise Music Manager is like iTunes or something but it is a really crappy iteration at that. I mean "like iTunes" is that they think that all your music exists in one place and you just "sync" the stuff you want on your DMS and put it in your car. You "sync" by playlist, genre, artist etc... So in the super ideal world of the Phat you would just create new playlists, select the songs and it would create new and lose the old... reality is that we freak out over losing files, we don't want to be that confined, and we don't have all our tunes in one place. So yeah, click on your "my computer" icon if you're a Windows user and select the larger partitioned section of the DMS hard drive (I think it's PHDTA) and explore for your songs.

Of important note, I would only COPY and paste and not CUT and paste because the phatnoise looks for the files along with the audio files it creates to announce the artist, genre etc..., but the main reason why you don't want to add or remove files without the Music Manager is that when you load the DMS back on the cradle and Music Manager starts it looks for the files you removed and will throw your computer into a vicious cycle of "Not Responding." This sucks really bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts