Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have to keep pulling out the cartridge to get the system to reset.
Mine works fine a day or two then I need to pull out the DMS and put back in for another day or so. Not consistent on how long the system runs before i need to reset. I called Phatnoise and they gave me some different software that may run down the battery if you don't drive all the time.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Software has nothing to do with a battery that may run down.
A few factors may be involved here. Cartridge not seating completely. Bumpy roads jarring it loose, cable or harnes ends loose, etc.
What exactly happens when you have to pull the dms out?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Are you having the problem where you try to access the phatbox and the headunit says "CD-X" or "NO CD"? And then you look in the trunk and the unit has the lights on even after the car has been turned off and the stereo is off?

If yes, then I believe Phatnoise is aware of this problem. A few years ago many people were having this issue in the Phatnoise forum, and Phatnoise had a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix the problem. Apparently, something would happen when the phatbox was going into sleep mode causing it to lock up.

Well, I have had the firmware for a while now and while it happens less frequently (once or twice a month), it still is a problem. I usually pull the cable off and re-connect to fix. I was hesitant to just pull the cartridge out while the access lights were on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Software has nothing to do with a battery that may run down.
A few factors may be involved here. Cartridge not seating completely. Bumpy roads jarring it loose, cable or harnes ends loose, etc.
What exactly happens when you have to pull the dms out?

I think the battery problem is related to the Phatbox not sleeping when the car is off. Normally, the Phatbox will sleep when you turn the stereo/car off and boot up again when it's needed. With the lock-up problem though, the phatbox never turns off until you pull the plug. This could drain the battery although I've left mine in this state for a few days by accident and my battery was ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts