Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know if someone here. (julianfang) etc etc..have any dyno runs for their V6 pes cars.

I so far have k & n, and full magnaflow 3"inch exhaust with high flow cats..
I am about 3-4 months from acquiring a G2 PES charger and would like to see how close i can get to 290-300 whp...i know it sounds high..but i will not rest until accomplished:D

i have heard some PES cars (just blower..no other mods ) make 274 whp

·
Registered
501 Posts
it'll take a while to be displayed since the file size is 2.7MB.
Just do a right-click on the link, and save target as...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want to do a baseline test. (should have done it PRIOR to my exhaust work) and then do a progressive testing schedule..as each part is added.
we shall see....i would love to see 280+ at the wheels. at least

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i am confused..

why is it saying 198????

huh???

the kit is putting out 295 crank...reported..that would be about 240-260 wheel
why is there a 50% (close to) drive train loss...hmm maybe i am not reading it right.
doesnt seem right AT ALL.

even if an unfriendly dyno..i mean come on..198 WHEEL? hmm not buying it.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
It is what it is. I didn't make up the graphs.

It was done right after the install - and I mean right after. Some additional tuning is probably needed as well as a more free flowing intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crap..i need to see some more convincing graphs..no..i am not saying this is made up...but wow.i thought it would be a little like 240-230 more...

198 wheel
i have seen passats with GIAC chip (v6's) k and n filter...doing 178-180 wheel..so this is kind of ridiculous.
thanks for the graphs though.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Lots and lots of dyno graphs here: KTR DYNO PLOTS

Some very impressive and some not so impressive. Not many with the PES kit but there are some S4 2.7T engines on there that supposedly make big bhp that don't look so hot at the wheels either.

Just for info. And I know you weren't saying they were made up - I was just being a smart ass.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
true..that s4 CHIPPED is like 317 crank or something..putting down 198 at the wheels?..hmm haha..i mean i know it is all wheel drive..but yah i see your point.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
which in theory...they say a g2 v6 passat manual can keep up with a chipped s4 (b5)...i mean maybe not off the line..but from a roll definitely

·
Registered
434 Posts
wickedgti said:
which in theory...they say a g2 v6 passat manual can keep up with a chipped s4 (b5)...i mean maybe not off the line..but from a roll definitely
Very doable...I have had my way with a couple of S4's. Granted, it was on the freeway, but it was still damn amusing to see my "little 4-banger" walk on "Audi's finest"...:lol:

·
Registered
262 Posts
http://photobucket.com/albums/y186/steve10/?action=view&current=g2dyno1021.jpg

this is my G2'd V6.

274whps from a v6? not many. if any. the above run (ok numbers are abit blurred) is on a manual 4motion. does seem like high losses. but, as i've learned, dyno numbers aren't everything and it doesn't replocate on the road conditions. i'm not sure how the electonic stability thingy affects the numbers (excuses excuses). The car is fast. the power delivery is very very smooth. overtaking is pretty amazing.

obviously the aparent losses will be less for a fwd V6, but I wouldn't swap the riving characteristics of the 4motion for anyting.

i've never raced an S4, but will take the car to a 1/4mile soon.

sure, if you want the highest numbers i believ you are better modding a 1.8 turbo.

if you are thinking of getting a G2, don't put too much weight behind the numbers. it's the method of delivery that is so sweet and can't be conveyed on any graph.

good luck!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
okay everyone..if you really wanna see gains from a sc/turbo or natural insp. take it to the 1/4 mile. you'll get your top speed, 60ft, 1/8 and 1/4 mile. Its where it counts, on pavement.You'll be able to see what your car can do. And from that you can calculate your hp. And good luck getting 300whp with your g2...its gonna be hard.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts