Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a top end rebauild soon, on my 2.8 V6 30V. Does anyone on here know where to find a PES G2 kit. They stopped manufacturing them and i cant find it anywhere. Only 3+ year old eBay sales. Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I would say if the manufacturing has stopped then what you are finding is what's left. My only other suggestion would be to hit up a few specialty performance shops in your area to see if they can help.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Used ones only left. They used to be fairly plentiful (relative term here) even though they weren't mass produced. Now they are just plain scarce. The last one I saw for sale was in December of last year and it needed work. Don't know if PES is offering a tune for that anymore either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used ones only left. They used to be fairly plentiful (relative term here) even though they weren't mass produced. Now they are just plain scarce. The last one I saw for sale was in December of last year and it needed work. Don't know if PES is offering a tune for that anymore either.
I didnt even think about having to have a tune to make it even work. I'll have to contact them before I get one (if I find one).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Yeah you'll have to have tune because the injectors are much bigger than the stock ones, so the injector spray timing needs to modified and with the increased pressure the ignition timing needs to be altered. There are other things that come into play with a S/C but that's a quick run down on the need for the tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
AndreasPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing