Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased these rims and wanted to know what are some good tires to use for summer time driving. These are 18x8 and going to be installed on a 2003 Passat.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
TopG_NJ said:
Just purchased these rims and wanted to know what are some good tires to use for summer time driving. These are 18x8 and going to be installed on a 2003 Passat.
I think the Toyo T1-S are a better handling tire than the Goodyear F1 GSD3! Don't get me wrong the Goodyear is a solid tire, I got a free set last year to try out but they didn't handle wet conditions as well as the Toyo's.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was pretty impressed with their wet traction. Got to test them on our test track with the sprinklers on and they did great. Tested them for steering response, cornering stability and braking distance all in the wet. I think you'll be happy with them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have Kumho Ecsta MX on thier ride? So far leaning towards the Goodyears since I cant find the Toyos. Also looking into Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP. Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I've had Falkens (yuk), Pilot Sports (nice, but $$), and now have Kumho Ecstas. They ride quite nice, a bit more compliant than the Pilots, actually. Track time in late March will tell the real performance issues, if any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts