Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to upgrade a 2001.5 passat 1.8T manual tranny. im looking for the most cost efficient way to get more speed, while keeping the ware on the engine down (i plan on keeping this car for a while). any suggestions?

thanks,
Sup.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
1. Chip it. Search the threads for chip info - there's tons of it and it doesn't need to be rehashed here. 30+ HP for under $500.

2 Upgrade suspension/wheels/tires. Not an HP gain but will allow you to drive it faster/harder - search the threads.

And welcome to the club.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
00Psst said:
1. Chip it. Search the threads for chip info - there's tons of it and it doesn't need to be rehashed here. 30+ HP for under $500.

2 Upgrade suspension/wheels/tires. Not an HP gain but will allow you to drive it faster/harder - search the threads.
ditto...maybe a K&N drop in too

welcome to the club

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
chip it, suspension, wheels/tires, maybe a turbo upgrade, a lot of people have had luck with the K 04 kits, a BBk (big brake kit), a K&N drop it

then get into sway bars, strut tower braces, FMIC (front mount intercoolers) then some body mods to make it look hot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chip recommendation

What chip set do you guys recommend? Is it something I could install with ease? I have done minimal mechanical and electrical work before.

any web sites for these parts you recommend?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
00Psst
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing