Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where , what web site could i find some nice engine mods for vw's i know alot of sites but nothing i can i find will fit on my passat ?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also where is a good place to go to get new hosing because some hoses leading to the intake manifold are so crappy and have either burned up, or they have just woren out anyone have this prob?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
As to the engine mods, there are a ton. What engine do you have, the 1.8t or V6?

For the 1.8t, a chip is the best place to start. Just do a search on "chip" and you should find a lot of info.

For the V6, you can get a chip, but it will not be as good a mod for the V6. Maybe 10hp. A better mod is a supercharger. There are a few members around with one and they are great!

As for hoses, I replaced all of my vaccum hoses with new 3.5 mm hoses from www.hosetechniques.com. They are reasonable and their hoses are great. For the larger hoses, I know Samco makes great hoses, but some are expensive:

http://www.samcosport.com/

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i own a 1.8t but if i order the chip i have heard sometimes... well often seen it fry the whole system and then everything has to be rest. i mean my friends have installed soem and it has work is there any tuning involved?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I would ask these questions at www.goapr.com as these guys can answer any chip related questions you may have. Another chip tuner is GIAC ( www.giacusa.com ) so check with them too.

I have had an Upsolute chip for almost 2 years and have have no chip issues. Be warned though, you may get more tickets and want to spend even more money on your ride after heading down this road that never ends... :wink:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you install your chip or you have it done because im reading at goapr.com and it says its as easy as just pluging it in setting the program and your set?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yep, Steve is right, but I think what you read on APR's site was referrig to the ECU board itself, which is easy to get in an out. Once you do that, you send it to them, they solder in a new chip, and then send it back for you to connect back up and go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
coloradob5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing