Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a perfect set of Tango Wheels with M2 Winter Tires. Tires have roughly 9500 miles on them with even wear (highway miles).

I need a minimum of $600. Buyer pays shipping from 54751.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
41 Posts
not at 600 they won't be

i bought 4 brand new wheels from my local dealer for 175 for all four and with tire it was less than 600 NEW used you should be asking 300 for wheels and tires IMO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I'll probably sell once my Passat is sold.

I'm trying to sell my Passat and was trying to decide whether the Tango's should be sold seperate or with the car.

Can you tell me your thoughts about my Passat price?

2001.5 GLS
Tiptronic, Leather, Heated seats (cold weather package), moonroof, remainder of certified used warrant (expires 8/2005 or 10000 miles from now).
64000 Miles, excellent condition
OEM 15 Alloys

Thanks again for your honest appraisal.

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
powers said:
you should be asking 300 for wheels and tires IMO
That seems low to me. The rims that POWERS got were a one time deal where VW was closing out/discontinuing several rim models. Normally, VW had the balls to charge around $250+ per rim :crazy: . I'd say anywhere from $400 - $450 would be a fair asking price, especially since they are factory rims (16" I believe) and you stated that they are in pristene condition with good tires. Maybe include the shipping cost if you need to seal a deal with someone. Just my 1.5c.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback. I couldn't find these rims for less than $400 used (perfect condition).

Anyone interested in making an offer? If so, I'll take them off of my car and ship once my car sells (unless you really want the and the price is right).

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh, yes they are VW 16's.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
i bought 4 brand new wheels from my local dealer for 175 for all four and with tire it was less than 600 NEW used you should be asking 300 for wheels and tires IMO

That is not the right price maybe the guy made a mistake.
you can't get the 15 hubcaps for the price.

Tiptronic, Leather, Heated seats (cold weather package), moonroof, remainder of certified used warrant (expires 8/2005 or 10000 miles from now).
OEM 15 Alloys

Second owner gets 50,000K warranty so if you sell it , there is no warranty for the buyer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a Certified Used Warranty. When I talked to VW, they said it was transferrable.

I agree with you about the factory warranty. Do you think this includes the Certified Warranty? If so, I'll have to call VW again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1.8Tabamoura said:

That is not the right price maybe the guy made a mistake.
you can't get the 15 hubcaps for the price.

OEM 15 Alloys

Second owner gets 50,000K warranty so if you sell it , there is no warranty for the buyer.

wrong try again i paid 175 BRAND NEW from VW one year ago for ALL FOUR. they are now discontinued and do not sell for 250 like one person said. If you watch ebay you can still find them for 225-250 for all four new in the boxes. I have one set with vw caps for passat winters and one set with audi caps for my A6 for winters I was just giving you so info to help you sell them. i hope it workes out well for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that was an awesome deal. Thanks, I'll take that into consideration and will need to adjust my price.

What other steals have you come across?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
vwpassat980
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing