Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

401 - 420 of 423 Posts

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I talked to a buddy and he said that all you need are headlights, tail lights and brakes... this goes along with registering it too which can be done online.
Headlight, tail light and brake works fine. Intake and exhaust is stock so no noise issues. I guess I need to see how much I can get done on-line from home so I'm all set up when I go back up North.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I know one thing I can't do. I can't drive my stock Grand Cherokee with Illinois plates 70 mph in a 55, in front of another car doing the same, in back of another car doing the same, without getting a speeding ticket from a local for 76 mph (because after 20 over, it becomes a bigger fine). :mad:
Well sure you can, I see the system working right there.

You want to drive 75? Sure, just spend some money. Done!

:)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Headlight, tail light and brake works fine. Intake and exhaust is stock so no noise issues. I guess I need to see how much I can get done on-line from home so I'm all set up when I go back up North.
it should be as easy as registering a car online. make model, vin and then the money. once they get that you get your sticker. you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you shell out some cash.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
new VW owner in Kenosha

2002 grey 4motion wagon
Welcome.
Hope you find this forum useful. Some friends can be made and if your into doing things yourself you can find a crap ton of info and people willing to give you advice and pointers.

I was just in Kenosha over the 4th weekend with my wife. Sure is a lot nicer there than Lake Geneva. That place is a circus.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Announcements - Volkswagen Passat B5 Discussion

Impromptu GTG This Saturday in Central Wisconsin!

Think of this as an impromptu, un-planned, last minute, mini, midwest, Snork Fest™ !

This Saturday the 26th of September 2015 I will be hosting a get together at a lake house about 30 miles west of Fond du Lac Wisconsin. If you're interested in attending, PM me and I will reply with the address.

This is all sort of last minute so forgive me for not having a complete itinerary mapped out.
If you can, please bring beer or food but it's not mandatory.
In general, the idea is to have Passat World (and related cool people) come over for a day/evening of food, drinks, leisure.
We'll go boating, grill out, bonfire, drink beer, talk cars, wrench a bit as long as it's not too insanely involved.
Drinkers and far travelers are welcome to stay the night if they like. There are several beds and sleeping bags available.

Summer is almost over. Do Not let it fade away without some fun memories. Spread the word to fellow PW'ers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm in Eau Claire. I go to many VW shows in the short summers up this way. For the first time ever, I'll be checking out the Milwaukee VW show June 4 and then going to Minneapolis the next day for the Twin Cities VW show. The Chippewa Valley VW Club (my group) will host their annual show June 17th at the Princeton Valley golf course in Eau Claire. It would really be cool to see lots of water-cooled VWs show up as air-cooleds outnumber us, especially Passats. You just don't see many at VW shows....check all of these out if you're close!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
damn bringing this thread back from the dead. I might go to the show up in eau Claire. it gives me a reason to visit my buddy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Cool! This is the time of year to bring threads like this back, especially living in 6 months of winter. We average anywhere from 55-70 cars at the Eau Claire show, but it would sure be nice to see a better balance between water and air. My Plain Jane B5.5, complete with steelies and plastic hubcaps, will be in it. A Volkswagen is a Volkswagen.....

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I'm hoping to do another Wisconsin GTG some time this summer. Maybe something the same weekend as the Oshkosh Air Show? I'm open to ideas.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What weekend is that? There's a VW show I go to every year in Appleton, and if I recall, sometimes it's on that same weekend as the Air Show. I once did a "double," Appleton from 9-3 and then on to Oshkosh for a show called Dubs In the Valley, but I really didn't fit in there. At that time, I was still a New Beetle guy and had the only New Beetle there, plus I was a good 30 years older than the rest of the showgoers. Even now, I'm not certain that a stock B5.5 with a 56-year-old owner would go over, either.......But I would definitely like to get together with other water-cooled VW people (especially Passat owners), as my local club is 90% air-cooled.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I work 2 weekends for every 3. My weekends off this summer are May 21-22, June 11-12, July 2-3, July 23-24, Aug 13-14, Sep 3-4, and Sep 24-25. The Appleton show is Aug 13 this year and I'm planning a tentative cruise/campout Sep 24-25 with my club. Just about any other time, I'd be free. Where would this GTG take place?

·
Registered
181 Posts
That would work for me even if it was on a weekend I work, as long as I allowed 3 hours or so to report to my job. I do the graveyard shift on weekends starting at 11:30 PM. (Friday and Sat nights count as my Sat & Sun shifts)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
AndreasPassat and his wife came over last summer. I'd guess they might be interested if available. I'm bringing Matt N up this weekend. He may also be interested in a GTG later this summer if available. That's a few potential.Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Holy crap. I just realized this post got revived. Yeah I'd be interested in going again this year.
Even though it was just the 3 of us last year and pretty uneventful I still had an awesome time. Still feel bad about the wife though. :whistle: At least you had some lunch food for a few days Steve. ;)
If anybody else's wife is coming along mine will come along, otherwise we can count her out.

Wait a minute...
what the hell am I thinking, my wife has a Passat now. She can drive hers and I'll drive mine. :p :thumbup:
I'd better get back in the garage and finish her car ASAP :wrench:

401 - 420 of 423 Posts