Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mityvac Plus P/N 07201 got my vote. It has external pump with an 8.8 liter reservor capacity. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Spend a few more bucks and get the Mityvac. My Pela is on it's last leg, the vent valve broke a few oil changes ago (now using an old christmas light bulb as a temp plug), the tube is coming apart at the tip. Plus the pump action is rather awkward, you have to hold the pump down with one hand while pulling on the handle.

Mityvac is the way to go !!

·
Registered
732 Posts
MityVac 7201! Very solidly built and I've used it so many times to evac and to dispense fluids. I changed my Tip tranny fluid with it and I use it to pull ATF out of my van and friends auto trannys. Saved me tons of money.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
mbogosia said:
Yeah I think I got screwed on it. I'm sure if you get a good pump it works fine.
Yep, sounds like you did. Spend a little for the mityvac and you'll never use the ramp again. In fact I gave away my rhino ramp to a colleague and never missed it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ericpeterman said:
mbogosia: Passat 1.8T, with MityVac time to change oil (evac, old filter off, new one on, pour in oil).... 10 minutes. Sounds like you bought the wrong pump. :(
Ditto. Mityvac rules! :bow: BTW, this forum had previously discussed oil extractor extensively. Check it out:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70913&highlight=mityvac

I made my decision to buy the Mityvac based on this thread, of course a live demo from PASSAT2001.5 helps to nail my decision. Four oil changes later I'm just lovin the fact that I no longer have to suffer back pain by crawling underneath the car to change oil. 8)

Here's the link to the site I bought the Mityvac 7201:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70913&highlight=mityvac

To change the brake fluid you need to buy an attachment (7205 for $17). :wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
i Would just like to be perfectly clear on exactly what this thing is capable of. Oil, tranny, tip tranny, coolant, power steering, break fluid (w/ optional adapter)? If it can seriously do all of this then its definitely worth its price, and i would certainly consider buying one. But will it do all of this without leaving any fluid in the system?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Oil evac: Does as well as draining with the plug.
Tranny and Tip, of course you drain those with the plug and refill using MityVac.
Anything you need to evac it will do, but of course it can't get all fluid out of coolant tank, power steering or break fluid by itself as there is fluid in the rest of the system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.