Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some issues that all seemed to match up with a bad PCV valve. My car has been idling VERY rough even to the extent of dying twice at stoplights last week. Friday I took it into a local mechanic and they "thought" the problem was due to a bad PCV valve and replaced it. I picked it up this morning and it's still all messed up. On top of that I know have a few other magical problems. The engine is throwing the following codes: "Cylinder 2 Misfire" , "DATA-BUS Error Value Received" and "Invalid Data Received from HVAC Control Module".

Awesome! My A/C even stopped cooling (it's 95 today), which I assume has something to do with the HVAC error.

I had rough idle issues back in May also, I took it into the dealer and they replaced the plugs, coils and did a chemical carbon cleaning. It still idled a bit rough for a few days but sorted itself out "fairly" well. It never was perfect, but for sure improved. I was too broke to go drop more money on it at the time.

Do you guys have any idea(s) on whats going on? Possibly common issues that could cause these things? Oh and the mechanic mentioned that on some cars if it throws a code they can shut off the A/C. I guess to reduce load. I am hoping that's case so I don't have to deal with that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
A PVC valve is nothing more than a "Check Valve". Unplug the darn thing and spray inside liberally with WD40, DONE !!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts