1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paul - Chicagoland/NW Indiana area

1999 1.8T GLS

Under the hood:
-Wetterauer Chip (comes with stock chip as well)
-N75J valve (comes with stock valve as well)
-K&N drop in filter
-Samco turbo inlet & outlet tubes
-Forge007 polished diverter
-ATP race pipe (no CAT, but has been modified so there are no CEL's so no problem passing smog)
-resinator & Borla XR1 muffler w/rectangle tip integrated into pass. side skirt for side exit

Interior
-42 Draft designs A-pillar pod w/matching grey fabric & boost gauge (looks stock)
-Phatnoise mp3 jukebox w/20gig cartridge (do a search on vortex for more info, it's really a great thing to have)
-Euro switch w/disabled DRL's

Suspension/brakes/wheels
-Front Strut Bar (can't remember off the top of my head, something Motorsports)
-V-Maxx coilovers
-All new control arms, bushings, & tie rods
-Almost new Brembo cross drilled & slotted front disks & OE plain rears w/fairly new pads all the way around
-20x8.5 Donz Montana's w/custom VW center caps (2 have curb rash thanks to wifey)
-225/35/20 tires with approx 65-70% tread life left (forgot brand off the top of my head)

Exterior
-VIS carbon fiber hood (sides are painted to match the Black Magic Pearle leaving the center CF)
-Ebay fake projector angel eye lights (but are wayyyy brighter than stock)
-Kamei front winglets
-JOM badgless grill
-JOM m3 style side skirts
-Zender 3piece trunk spoiler
-Dub Technik rear upper diffuser
-Chrome stubby antenna

random pics:

these are the 2 wheels that have wheel rash, other 2 wheels look great:

here's a couple pics towards the end of winter when I did the full timing belt job & lots of other things:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Paul,
I, too, have a 99 GLS but I'm having a problem with my wett chip. Could you possibly assist me to diagnose the problem?
Andrewm
BTW I'm in Chicago (Hyde Park)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, the front end was torn off for a complete timing belt job including all belts & water pump oh and thermostat, the pictures above those are after the tear down :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.