Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
just got some prototype stuff from Podi installed.....

A few weeks ago I was given a pre-production prototype from Greg out at Podi to install in my 2007 3.6L 4Motion Passat Wagon to run in conjunction with my current Air ride management set up which is the Accuair E-Level (will work with any management system) and it went great.

Install:
Hands Down.... the easiest air gauges I've ever installed! When compared to some of the others this system has very few parts... I only had to run power and ground ONE time, and that was at the front of the car. The gauges have connectors, so all you have to do is plug in 1 to 3 gauges. For the sender box, all you have to do is plug in the air lines, then run the supplied 12ft data cord to the front of car. It's very easy and only took me about 30 minutes to install. No big, bulky senders crowding my trunk anymore...

Specs:
The system monitors all 5 zones, and is designed to be run with 1, 2, or 3 gauges (your choice). The Kit will retail for $349 and will include: 1 Gauge, 1 Pressure sender unit and a 12 ft data cord. You can add more gauges for an additional cost. Also keep in mind that you will also need to pick up the appropriate Hardware for this install too (Fittings, Airline, Pod)

There's a few drawbacks though:
1. You can only see 2 zones at any given time. There's a button on the front of the gauge, you press the button to view the next 2 zones, press the button to view the 5th zone, then press the button to view the first 2 zones again. You can run single or dual display gauges, and as you can see below, I chose to run 2 dual display gauges so I can see all 4 corners at the same time. If I want to see the tank pressure, I just press the button once. It's actually quite convenient IMO, since im running the E-Level I don't need to see everything all the time anyway.

Dual Guages monitoring the Left and right sides....

Settings for the Above Picture.....

Tank Press (left)

Display button/Gauge

And the Dual Pod

2. The barbs on the sender box are fragile. They are designed to hold 150psi no problem, but because the air line is hard, you can easily break the barbs if there's too much side-to-side movement. It's also VERY difficult to remove the airline from the barbs once installed. So just make sure you have the lines correct before putting them on the barbs.

Sending Unit as you can see this isnt very big..... which is a huge plus when it comes to finding a place to mount it

Phone cord data Cord (this is the same type of plug for the gauges)

Greg out at Podi wanted me to Mentionthat these will be available for sale within the next few weeks and they are already forming a pretty big list of people interested in buying. If you want to get on the list, email Greg @ [email protected]. He mentioned inventory will be going fast and doesn't want people waiting to receive theirs, so email him now.

They also have a promo going on where you can get a free AWOL DVD if you spend $200. As mentioned earlier Greg said the system will retail for $349, so if you get on the list and get one, you can get a free DVD.

Thanks for reading....
Patrick.

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Just stopping by... Still alive just haven't been here for a hot minute!!!

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
For sale- needs an engine rebuild or swap.... Posted in the classifieds.

Worse case I keep it pay it off and do the engine swap at a later time.

No longer up for grabs..... Currently in the process of getting a low mile engine....

·
Registered
300 Posts
As of last June (2010)

That's one heck of a cruiser... almost looks like a Merc.

Wish I had the funds to take this off your hands, going for masters degree, unless... you want to be charitable and you can write it off on taxes. lol. ;)

Though, you seem very proud of this beautiful machine and if I were you I'd store it and swap the engine out later. If not later, it'll be stored until your kids can drive it (if you have any) and a family "project" vehicle.

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Well Kids its finally going to happen. Just sourced an 09 CC 3.6L engine with 56k on it. Good compression. Ill work out all of the purchase and shipping details this week. Once it arrives ill be going back over the engine, replacing the water pump, inspecting the timing system components and hopefully raising the dead shortly after.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
It's no secret that I'm not a wagon/variant fan, but I do have to give credit where its due.
That is a fine ride you've got there sir. Very tasteful mods. :salute:
Hope the engine swap goes smoothly. :wrench:

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
It's no secret that I'm not a wagon/variant fan, but I do have to give credit where its due.
That is a fine ride you've got there sir. Very tasteful mods. :salute:
Hope the engine swap goes smoothly. :wrench:
thank you I'm hoping for the same thing!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Well Kids its finally going to happen. Just sourced an 09 CC 3.6L engine with 56k on it. Good compression. Ill work out all of the purchase and shipping details this week. Once it arrives ill be going back over the engine, replacing the water pump, inspecting the timing system components and hopefully raising the dead shortly after.
Did the swap happen yet? any updates or pics? :thumbup:

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Did the swap happen yet? any updates or pics? :thumbup:
not yet... compression tested it and now just waiting on some logistics stuff. need to find a lift I can occupy for a couple of days.I think I have found one on Ft Lewis but because i am not in the military anymore it might be tricky as they wany the sponsor to be there the whole time. I'll know for sure here in the next few days

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
The Swap has been completed.....

Right out of the gate had a scary moment. I was out at my storage unit prepping for the flat bed and took a quick peek under the car because I noticed a coolant puddle where the car was parked. I popped the hood to see if it was obvious and saw mouse turds.....

Got it to the shop and there was no rodent damage which was good but wound up replacing the radiator as it had a leak. from there it was smooth sailing! I am going to be picking the car up friday and giving it a little test spin. I have Identified a few things that will be happening over the next several months such as rear air spring replacements, CA bushings, some new interior trim pieces, this winter the front end and MAE's will be getting painted (rock chips in the paint).

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
:poke:

:pics:

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,285 Posts
I hear it might be on the road now. Pics, bruh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Damn i haven't been on here in a minute, still have the car? i only saw it twice before on the road!

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
How is it running? any pics yet? i don't thing i saw it at any events lately unless we are going to different ones which is totally possible!
its running pretty smooth, catching up on some maintenance stuff (strutmount bushings, lower control arm mounts), some air ride tweaks and fixes ect. I missed out on the events this year due to coaching basketball but will try to make a few cameos next year lol I did stop by the chambers bay event last weekend at performance radiator in Tacoma for a bit though.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts