Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wrench:Hi Passat owners from near Sydney ..OZ..Great car when going well, as long as you can get cheap parts from US I can keep driving them..any one know where you can get cheap replacement keys, after locking mine in the car today I guess I need a extra one:wrench:

·
Registered
23 Posts
What year is your car, Clive? You can pick up keys on Ebay for not much, but depends on the vintage as to what you need to do with it. Is it one with a chip in it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year is your car, Clive? You can pick up keys on Ebay for not much, but depends on the vintage as to what you need to do with it. Is it one with a chip in it?
I have a B5 99 model that I need the key for and a B5.5..The existing key has a chip for alarm and doors but if I get a blank I still have to go to Dealers to get it coded right..PS sorry about the delay ..don't go on this sight unless I have problems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and another thing...I seem to be putting tyres on these cars all the time !! can anyone recommend decent tyres at decent prices

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a B5 99 model that I need the key for and a B5.5..The existing key has a chip for alarm and doors but if I get a blank I still have to go to Dealers to get it coded right..PS sorry about the delay ..don't go on this sight unless I have problems
Ah so you need an extra one? Ones with chips programmed to your car seem to cost a few hundred bucks and only via the dealer :( Non chip ones are a much simpler affair. Or if you had a chipped one and want to replace the case, that's easy. The bugger is having to get another chip one. Kaching :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts