Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how the warranty works on second or third hand passat owners? recently purchased a 2001 with 24k miles in a private sale. I've been getting conflicting answers from the dealerships.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
you're supposed to be able to transfer the warranty....... there's a lil card inside the car manual i think where the person who sold you the car can fill the junk out and send it to vwoa......... I THINK, i just remember the stealearship telling me that the warranty is transferrable

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, for 2000 and earlier, the warranty was 100,000 miles to original owner, and went down to 50,000 miles for the next owners. For 2001 the warranty was reduced to 50,000 miles and is transferrable. So feel safe that you have another 26k on factory warranty.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
at least for the '00, the 10yr/100k is for the powertrain. when transferred, it turns to 5yr/50k. the comprehensive warranty is only for 24mo/24k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing