Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way back home to Metro Detroit after having a great weekend in Chicago yesterday. There was a dark gray B5.5 V6 driving next to me for a long time. Because my timing belt change is due on my B5, I prefer drive it only for daily commute. I was in my wife’s Mazda 626.
Anyway…. On east bound of I-94 at about exit no. 60 there was a dead deer on left lane. :shock: I was suspicious on the SUV behavior in front of me so, I was lucky and fast enough to change the left lane to shoulder to avoid the collision. Unfortunately, the B5.5 behind me was less lucky. The car rolled over the deed at 65 mph, the right side of the car flight about 1.5 feet above the road. I could see in my mirror how parts of the lower valences and fog light are getting smashed. :cry:
I don’t know if this person is from CB5 or not….
Sorry man.
I called the 911 right away to clean the road. Hopefully no one else hit the deer.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
OUCH, hopefully everyone in the car was ok.

Poor dear though :(

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
rough :sad: :shock:

·
Registered
331 Posts
A few years ago, we were coming home from a Christmas family get together. We were in my wifes 01 B5 Variant 4-motion. It was late, mid Dec. Dark deserted country 2 lane. [email protected] I hit a hunting dog at about 65mph! Damn thing popped out of nowhere. The ABS and 4wheel drive saved us from going off the road and doing more damage. There was $2500 worth when all was said and done. Big damn dog. I called the number on the tag. I was going to get the owner to pay for it. (Against the law to leave hunting dogs loose). I got the number of a hunt club and they told me the owner could care less about the dogs...happens a few times per year for his dogs. Oh, well. Thank god for insurance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
XedoS69 said:
there was a dead deer on left lane.
Same thing happened to me here in NY on the dark, unlit Saw Mill Parkway. It was laying across the right lane of the 2 lane highway, on the downslope side of an overpass. I did not see it until I was on top of it.

Luckily it was just the right size that the right side tires rolled over the outstretched legs, and the left side tires rolled over the neck- basicly I straddled the thing, and there was no damage. :bow:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I was with my buddy in his 98 A4 1.8t quattro, we drove over a carcass of an unusually large rodent. Next thing we knew, the control arms were making funny noises. :mad:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I hit one with my Passat and the damage was over $8000 all said and done. Didn't have my car for 2 1/2months.

I've only hit live deer though... :weirdo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts