Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as i was on a freeway onramp, i saw a car in my rear view mirror trying to pass me on the other lane. So, I gun it but the other car keeps pulling on me, and by the time we enter the freeway, he was about half a car length in front of me. Of course, he was going faster than I was when i started to go WOT, but I was kinda dissappointed. My car has about the same torque as the Carrera S, but it has a bit more fat on it. Oh well, it was still fun :thumbup:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I bet you still surprised him with your "family sedan" :lol: He's probably trading in the Carrera for the Turbo right now... :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had almost the same scenario with an M5 Beemer.....
As I entered the Interstate, I looked in the mirror and saw HID's coming up fast, so WOT with out '03 B5 Wagon 4MOT V6 and nicely up to 105Mph !
Did I mention I had the wife & 2kids in the car, dog in the back, and on our way to Grandma's for Dinner... ?! Think German & Speed Safely !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stay in the breakdown lane....

dcvee said:
Think drunk driver pulling into your path.:(

Don
:cry:

Just relax and enjoy life, try driving on the autobaun someday....
Or just stay in 1st gear as close to the breakdown lane as you can, we'll be over in the passing lane enjoying the vehicle we paid for...

Do you drive a Yugo ?

·
Rollin in the LAV
1,760 Posts
I certainly enjoyed my V6 this morning. I need to put some more O2 in my tires, though...it wandered a bit around 90. I love going from Vancouver, WA to Beaverton in 20 mins. :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Drivers Wanted said:
:cry:

Just relax and enjoy life, try driving on the autobaun someday....
Or just stay in 1st gear as close to the breakdown lane as you can, we'll be over in the passing lane enjoying the vehicle we paid for...

Do you drive a Yugo ?
Although i i like to "enjoy" my vehicle aas much as anyone on here, i wouldn't do so with my family riding with me. And this isn't the autoban. Just cause your in the fast lane doesn't mean your any safer than lane 1. Oh, and you kept up with an in a v-6 4 mo fully loaded. Sorry to say, you might have ben racing him, but sounds like he was just cruising.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Arthrogrian19 said:
I certainly enjoyed my V6 this morning. I need to put some more O2 in my tires, though...it wandered a bit around 90. I love going from Vancouver, WA to Beaverton in 20 mins. :D
O2?...isn't that really flammable?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm going to get this out of the way and say...

Americans suck at driving. You do, I do, we all do. End of story.

So when you're tooling along in the left lane, no cops for miles, thinking you're safe at 110, some asshat will pull out in front of you. And stop. And do a Uturn. But by then, both of you would have launched through the windsheild, right past the pearly gates, and be halfway across God's breakfast table (to quote Clarkson) before you could even think about reaching down to grab your cell phone to take a picture of your 'amazing, fascinating' German car's speedo at some insane clip (it's German, therefore I must be invincible when I'm going fast, hell, at any time!) or grab your grande double latte.

Telling people online how fast you've gone, endangering families, even your own (what???) is like kissing and telling. Nobody cares, and it's just plain wrong.

That said, I've gone 100 in my car. I could go faster. You're jealous, I know. :p

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Ok let's try this one out for a kill story.

So I'm driving up the on-ramp to get on the highway in a 2004 Gallardo and some moron in a Passat crossed over into my lane from the massive vacuum the Gallardo was pulling as I passed him at 130.

Then he guns the throttle and tells all his pals that I probably was going to go buy a Mercielago because he came so close to beating me.

Uh huh.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
This thread started out ridiculous and is getting even more-so. :poke:

Seriously, I'm waiting for someone to be like, "I was on the freeway when a Lamborghini Diablo pulled up and I smoked it with my chipped 1.8T." :lol:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
All I know is that Veyron is S.L.O.W The ol' 1.8t with sluge build up and low tire pressure alond with leaking cam seals pulled on it in fourth gear! Tip of course;)

P.S. WTF were you thinking posting someting about smoking an M5? You should be banned for putting something as rediculous as that:rolleye:

·
Registered
152 Posts
i call the bs flag on the m5, that thing would be g o n e like that. if you have ever been in a car that makes 500+ hp it feels like a god damn rocket ship taking off. and i highly doubt any passat has that much chest-crushing force. but m5 don't have a turbo, my car does:D and thats pretty fun too.

oh god, what if the m5 did have a turbo, or possibly 2:nervous: . i would sell all unneeded organs and possibly some needed ones to get one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts