1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
FWD Passats have a torsion beam only; 4Motions have a rear 14mm bar. I believe wagons and sedans are the same.

·
Registered
28,888 Posts
The front bar on the wagon is 2mm larger from what I have heard. No difference in the rear setup. You will love the rear bar.

·
Registered
606 Posts
why is it that Eibach only do a front Sway bar for the B5.5 ?

I had a Neuspeed 25mm RSB on my Bora and loved it :thumbup: .

Having just got my B5.5, i was considering going with both F + R sway bars, but eibach only do the front ? I would have thought that this only leads to an increase in understeer :crazy:

Neuspeed ARB's are hard to get hold of in the UK :thumbdow:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
rcassidy said:
A FWD 1.8T Wagon DOES NOT come with any rear sway bar..... Just an FYI

Ryan
Ditto this. I have an aftermarket (Neuspeed) rear sway bar installed. Its :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
The FWD setup has a tortion beam rear suspension, the after market sway bars just further stiffen this beam.

The 4motion cars have drive shafts back there and don't use a torsion box so they need a sway bar to have the same effect.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, read the vwvortex McPherson strut thread before making a single ended modification.

·
Registered
28,888 Posts
Don't listen to the broken record. We do not have McPherson struts. Drive a Passat with a Nuespeed rear sway bar and you will not want to give it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.