Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this was a fun little matchup. My dads freind own a track near my house so he lets us use it during the off season just for fun. But anyway i chalenged my buddy who has a 01 auto(shame) v6 eclipse GT. FYI i have a 99 v6 5 speed passat. He thought he could take me no problem but i knew other wise. But anyway we toke 2 runs and it was a good match up but as hard as he tried with and without his tiptronic he could not get me. Off the line we were almost perfectly side to side. But when i got into second and third i pulled a little less then a half of a car length ahead, however i could not pull away like i did with my dads camaro. Funny thing is about 3 weeks after this day my buddy gave his keys to his freind who was the designated driver, and his freind went out to get some food. He was going 95 in a naghborhood (STUPID!!!!!!!!!) lost control and fliped the car 6 times. He got a bad concusion but other then that was fine. Car was toast.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Stupid Mitshubishi drivers

Well I am glad you kicked your friends ass!! How dare he try to race you in some gay ass Mitshubishi Eclipse. The name of the car just sound weak.

Dont mess with German cars, we always win.

HEY MITSHUBISHI, GO BACK TO MAKING TV'S, CAUSE YOU SUCK AT MAKING CARS!!!!

Richard

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
the eclipse is a slow car, especially with the automatic. you would've had a tough time with a manual, but it's still a fairly good power/weight match-up, assuming both were stock.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
flipped the car 6 TIME's :suspicio:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yea the DD had a few beers, lol i went to the place where the accident happened and as i was holding his mirror in my had i spotted a emty can of natural ice underneith a peice of fiborglass. Oh and the DD's license was suspended from from the previous time that he fliped his prelude. Sounds pretty stupid to name him the DD, but oh well

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Eclipses look a lot faster than they really are. Not really that fast at all, but the owners think otherwise of course...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Eclipses are kinda girly....at least the GS/GT ones....the GSX's with AWD and a turbo.....now those we can be a bit afraid of.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea if it was a gsx it would not have been worth my time but they stoped makeing those in 98 or 99 this was just a gt, it was fun, lol now he has to drive a 93 labaron untill he gets a new car :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Marylandv6b599
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing