Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay Guys need some input. I got my 04 AWM chipped in october and it was great ran to 18 lbs all day long then last month randomly it wouldnt go past 10 psi and one day it hit 5 psi and a cel came on for turbocharger overboost. The car still os only max about 15 psi I'll make a list of wat ive done so far need any input please.

-New N75 and factory hoses old one had a ohm of 38 when hot
-new boost sensor
-leak tested found 4 leaks and fixed
-vagged maf readings seem normal and cleaned it
-checked boost gauge for accuracy
-new bkr7e plugs at .032
-silicone vac lines and sai hoses
-clamped hose goin to n75 from turbo spools to about 20psi before i let off
-tried my 710n and forge splitter and no change
-fuel pressure gauge shows 48 with vac and 58 with none

Any help would be great Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Nit a big deal but if you are tuned I would drop your spark plug gap from .032 to .028. Have you tried disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nit a big deal but if you are tuned I would drop your spark plug gap from .032 to .028. Have you tried disconnecting the battery?
I have the 2.0 coil conversion so i should be able to open the gap but was being lazy when putting the plugs in. I drove it today and it was 85 out and it was hitting 17psi i also drove it without the MAF plugged in and it idles a lil better so im gonna get a new MAF to try for hahas. Im gonna try the battery tmr as well.

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you have the 2.0t coils you can open the gap up more. I'm running .040 on mine with no issues what so ever

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i thought i fixed the problem everything seemed great it had been in the 70's and it was hitting 17psi after a new MAF. But today it was in the 50's and struggled to hit 15. Unitronic stated it should be between 16-18 psi with 15 being its worst. I dont get it. I'm going to swap the N75 again and unplug the battery and see what happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So swapped the n75 and unplugged the battery and if i get on it in 3rd it will spike to 15.5 but drop to 14s its been in the mid 50's so is it possible this is wat it should be for the weather it is

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So out of curiosity i noticed today with it being 70 out it wouldnt go above 15psi unless it was above 3500 rpm i think the turbo might be goining it would explain the odd boost readings. It does have some shaft play but very little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also noticed that after my last post i went home showered and me and the gf headed off to my parents house it will now hit 16 psi below 3200 rpm. Maybe cuz when i left from work the intake temps were lower so it didnt need to boost as much and now that after it sat it saw higher temps and upped boost im starting to wonder if im looking into this to much. My problem was that it was over boosting apparently since i got my tune so i dont know what normal should be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts