Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Passat Street Race vs a Lambo?!? (oh the things you stumble upon on Youtube...)

I found this today while lurking in the depths of youtube.I can't tell if the Passat was chipped or had a big turbo, bit it held it's own in the first couple of gears since the Lambo driver didn't want to toast his clutch.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jay - sorry, I didn't realize it was a repost - I did a search first to see if it was on here somewhere, but didn't see it.

Yeah, the Lambo wasn't really trying, but I just thought it was funny - some of the YT comments said things like, "I'd try that in any car just to hear the V10 rev!" That may have been what they were up to.

I saw that badge on the right side of the trunk lid, but couldn't read it, so I thought they may have had an aftermarket badge stuck on if they had done something to their engine.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'd love to, if we had a f*ucking drag strip here anymore :(

That said, a stock Gallardo dynos at about 400 WHP. Bring that up to 3500 ft and that drops it to about 360 WHP. curb weight's the same as a B5 Passat (3150 lbs) so if you do the math, it'd be a pretty close match to a properly running BAT setup.
You don't think the Passat's transmission's gearing vs. the Gallardo is the real problem (actual question, not sarcasm?) Power is nothing if you can't get it to the ground effectively.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mmhhh. no.
Ok, obviously a Passat is going to get it's butt kicked by an exotic Italian sportscar, but considering the price/performance difference, at least they got off the line without stalling or breaking something else.

About the practicality race, a guy I work with has a motor home with a Banks power setup, and all sorts of other modifications, including racing brake fluid and other performance stuff. He always jokes with the guys that own sports cars that they can race, but they have to carry a family with the car.

I just thought it was funny to happen upon a video of a Passat and a Lambo - unless it was someone like Mister T, Eurojuice or Family Dub, (I think I got the names right) the Passat can be trying for all its worth and never have a snowball's chance in hell in the contest.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.