Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How reliable has people found their passat to be. Looking into maybe getting into a 2020 or something but I see only engine option is with Turbo's not a fan of turbos.......maybe today they are better than what you hear about the horror storires with say older audis and the turbos.... also like audi does the VW timing belts need changing out after 50-80k miles like the audi.

cant decide on a used audi or new Passat..im starting to lean new passat.....ie the timing belts and turbos....

Is the Passat as anemic as the reviews say it is????

·
Registered
51 Posts
It has plenty of power. It's not a sporty race car but a wonderful sedan with lots of room that has that great German drivability and feel. I like the R-Line the best as it makes it more modern and fancy looking. The turbo engineering is great.

·
Registered
2007 B6 VR6 4Motion sedan
60 Posts
Save a few bucks and look up the Passat GT. Last available in 2018 with the VR6 and a great looking car in my opinion. Great engine, you won't be disappointed. But...just like any other VW, watch out for the cam tensioners every xx-thousand miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not a bad idea. higher hp and I like the v6....no turbos...

I think I may check that out. Thanks

·
Registered
2007 B6 VR6 4Motion sedan
60 Posts
not a bad idea. higher hp and I like the v6....no turbos...

I think I may check that out. Thanks
I've got a B6 with the 3.6 VR6 and 4Motion, wish they offered it in newer models so I could get a little more refinement without having to go aftermarket. I.e., Nav, backup camera, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts