Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured i would join the radio code party...

Hi folks. i have been lurking on here for so long i was positive i had an account :confused:

anyways, like everyone else here my radio is locked out. i went to the stealership and they charged me $50 and said that the code they got didnt work. WTF?

so if i could get it from one of you guys that would be awesome!

VWZ9Z7W1050520
:bowdown:

THANKS!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi folks. i have been lurking on here for so long i was positive i had an account :confused:

anyways, like everyone else here my radio is locked out. i went to the stealership and they charged me $50 and said that the code they got didnt work. WTF?

so if i could get it from one of you guys that would be awesome!

VWZ9Z7W1050520
:bowdown:

THANKS!
PM 98greendash he might be able to get it for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad you got your tunes back.:thumbup: The ironic thing is I get radio codes for people and my own radio doesn't work 3/4 of the time.........and I don't care I like the sound of my turbo better.:lol:
Hi,
I can see that you have been kind and helped people with radio codes. I have the same problem and after two failures it has also been locked. Can you help, and if so: What kind of information do you need from me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Radio Code Question - Where is the serial # located?

Could someone please tell me where I can find the serial number for my radio? Thanks. I am new at this. Thanks for your patience!!

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
try looking in your owner's manual, or in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

having just been given a B5.5 Passat Variant (2003) by a friend who let it stand idle for 9 months, I have the usual problem of not possessing the radio code.

In fact, at first the radio was completely dead, but I pulled it out and changed the 7.5A fuse at the back of the unit, and now at least it lights up, goes into SAFE mode and then brings up the 1000, ready for me to enter the code.
I checked the spare wheel well, glove box, the radio unit itself (you never know) but there's no trace of the radio code card, and the first owner kindly did as he was told and removed it from the owners manual for safe keeping.

So, before I'm forced to take time off work to visit my VW dealer (they don't do repairs on Saturdays, only new car sales), is there some kind soul out there with the powers to look up my code for me ?
If so, here are the details:

Radio type : BETA V 1JO 035 152 E
S/N : VWZ6Z2A1673531

Cheers.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
send a PM to 98greendash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the hint Jay. I was hoping 98greendash might see my post, as until now I haven't made enough posts to be able to PM him. Maybe after this I will have the necessary powers to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, in the meantime, the radio just started working again. I left the car running for a while to warm up (I've been doing this to help dry out the interior after heavy cleaning to remove dirt and mould) but this time I forgot all about it while watching tv. When I eventually went back to turn off the engine (90 mins later), I tried the radio again, and this time it just came on and worked fine, without needing the code.
I had read on other threads that if the radio has had too many attempts at the code, it will need to be reset by leaving the ignition on for 1 hour, but I hadn't made any attempts at entering the code (I don't know it so what's the point) at all, and the radio was displaying SAFE, followed by 1000 all the time. It seems it needed the 1 hour before attempting to re-synchronize with the data stored in the car.
If I had been using the car daily I would have found out sooner of course, but I'm just fixing it up at the moment, not driving it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

I just bought a replacement radio for my car and I will be grateful if someone could help me out with the code:

Serial #: 1JM035157DX
VIN: WVWPD63B32P36558

Many thanks...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, can anyone help me with my Code for Passat B6 ( 2006 ).

Type : Blaupunkt GMBH 1K0 035 198 B

S/N : VWZ1Z7E5579120

Made in Germany

Thank you very much!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts