Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

I have a problem with my Radio in my Passat B5.5 ( 2003 ) .
Actually i need the Code for my Radio :

Type : Groundig Beta 5 1JO 035 152 E

S/N : VWZ2Z2B3864201

Made in Portugal by Groundig

Please any one can help me to get the code for my Radio cassette

Unfortunately i lost the user manual for my car to get the code .. i tryed some internet sites but without any result .

Waiting for your help !!

thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought i can solve the problem if i get some special software.

Even i am far away from any vw dealer .

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
Is this the radio that came with this car or is it a new radio you've installed? Have you recently changed any other modules (like the CCM or the cluster)?

If it is the radio that has always been in this car, when you turn the ignition key to ON, the radio should recognize that it's in the car it belongs in and unlock itself automatically.

What's the back-story and what exactly is this radio doing (or not-doing)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes .. the radio came with this car , but when i disconnected it from the power and connect it again the radio did not start and a ( SAFE ) word appeared . This is because the radio need the CODE to operate correctly .
the code was written in the user manual which i do not have.

the ( SAFE ) word stayed on the screen and no way to operate the radio .

some body told me that i can get the correct code by software if i have the serial number >

i believe that somebody knows how to decode this radio

thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No i don`t speak about VAGCOM . i am speaking about a special software , it is used when you have the radio type and the S/N of the radio .

i am really get confused about it ...

·
Registered
863 Posts
hi guys

I have a problem with my Radio in my Passat B5.5 ( 2003 ) .
Actually i need the Code for my Radio :

Type : Groundig Beta 5 1JO 035 152 E

S/N : VWZ2Z2B3864201

Made in Portugal by Groundig

Please any one can help me to get the code for my Radio cassette

Unfortunately i lost the user manual for my car to get the code .. i tryed some internet sites but without any result .

Waiting for your help !

thx
I will see what I can do. Will post back either Mon. or Tues.;)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Open your glove box...look for a white sticker on the side...sometimes the dealer will put one in the glove box and one on your owner’s manual.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Open your glove box...look for a white sticker on the side...sometimes the dealer will put one in the glove box and one on your owner’s manual.
He doesn't have his manual.:p And most techs skipped that step in the PDI, (pre delivery inspection) so more often then not the manuals are blank.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Glad you got your tunes back.:thumbup: The ironic thing is I get radio codes for people and my own radio doesn't work 3/4 of the time.........and I don't care I like the sound of my turbo better.:lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts