Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, to make a long story short, i have left my nice little office job to work at a junkyard that is going through a major reconstruction, and ive been a passat lover for years and a member of the forum for some time now. Just wanted to reach out to forum members to let you know we have probably 50 passats out in the yard. Both wagons and sedans, any item you guys think you need, just shoot me a message or comment on the thread and ill see what i have for you.

thanks fellas.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I just drooled on my keyboard.

For starters, any W8 stuff?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
looking for 1.8 K03 turbo to rebuild.......maybe off a accident vehicle ,seems older ones, although maybe running when parked/scrapped,have a cracked cast iron/exhaust housing which in turn has trashed the edges of the turbine blade...thanks, Chief

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no dice on the red fenders unfortunately...

no dice on any W8's in the yard currently..

is the K03 turbo a factory installed option? we have a million 1.8's out there with blown motors, i can find the lowest mileage vehicle and get one off for you. PM me.

·
Registered
945 Posts
i wish we had a couple W8's out here.. but let me ask you this, where do you think the best place to find some chrome roof rails from a W8? ive been looking with no such luck.
I have 2 pairs of them :D, I'm saving one set for my wagon but I'd let the other one go. It is missing 2 of the plastic end pieces but they are available on-line for about $20 per piece. PM me if you're interested and we can go from there.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
where do you think the best place to find some chrome roof rails from a W8? ive been looking with no such luck.
I found a source for them

Here
I have 2 pairs of them , I'm saving one set for my wagon but I'd let the other one go. It is missing 2 of the plastic end pieces but they are available on-line for about $20 per piece. PM me if you're interested and we can go from there.
Sorry I couldn't resist letting that one slip by.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
How about the retractable cup holder assembly in the rear of the center console for the rear passengers on a 98 (B5)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about the retractable cup holder assembly in the rear of the center console for the rear passengers on a 98 (B5)

can find that for you. is there a color i should look for? heading out tomorrow in the morning to wrap up some paperwork and then ill head out to the yard to pull a couple odds and ends requests..

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
is there a color i should look for?
DUH. Yeah that would be helpful wouldn't it. You can slap me upside the head anytime.

Actually, let be more specific as I don't need the whole thing.
I'm looking for the piece of "wood grain" plastic cover strip that snaps onto the cup holder in the rear of the center console.

And...

What about a plastic grab handle for the drivers side rear door in BLACK.
I just took mine apart and the handle has crack from end to the other making it kind of dicey when pulling the car door shut.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Oh, and if you see any G2 superchargers left on a V6 just laying around, you know who to call.

I know it's a strange request, but one of the members here a while back found a G2 kit on a totaled out Passat laying in a salvage yard.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha yeah no problem.. if i find one dont expect a call from me! lol ill find a car out here to rebuild! too bad you're so far away the chevy small block wagon is rolling on the street next week. heading into the exhaust shop early next week.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Interested in bottom cushion if the black leather cover around it is in really superb condition (most likely passenger side). My car is a '99, so B5 or B5.5 chassis should work.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interested in bottom cushion if the black leather cover around it is in really superb condition (most likely passenger side). My car is a '99, so B5 or B5.5 chassis should work.
ill take a look tomorrow as ill have some spare time. check back tomorrow evening with updates and PM's with photos of what I have.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Light assembly above the passenger side sun visor (gray)
gray lumbar adjustment knob (99 B5)
OE shift knob/boot (black) (00 B5)

prices shipped to 30813

FYI Let me be the first to say thanks for using your new job to assist all of PW. It is greatly appreciated by all of us.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
ISO some window weather strips that go on the left/right of the windshield. Mine were destroyed when Safelite replaced my windshield (long story). The pic was them just trying to take them out.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts