Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just paid a $300 ticket recently. There was a sign that clearly $300 fine that I did not see because i was blocked by a bus.
The cop gave me a $301 ticket. I mailed a check for $300. Now the city wants $21 more money because I didn't give them the $301.
I'm going to take it to court. There are NO TIPS on tickets.
If they want me to abide by what the sign says, don't they have to do the same? I hope the judge throws the book at the police and gives me back all $300.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
$21 more money because I didn't give them the $301.
this is your own fault. and you're an idiot to take this to court. just pay the extra $21.
that's an extra $20 fee for lack of complete payment. read the law before speaking out like an ill informed child.

i GUARANTEE you, if you take this to court, you WILL be laughed at by the judge, and will only waste EVEN MORE money due to a failed appeal, thus they take the court costs of ~$150 or so and keep it.
of course, the price may vary, i don't know the real amount, but if you had simply parked in the right spot, bough your school parking pass and/or was more aware of your surroundings and your location's vehicular statues, then you wouldn't be in this mess. pay up sucka.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is your own fault. and you're an idiot to take this to court. just pay the extra $21.
that's an extra $20 fee for lack of complete payment. read the law before speaking out like an ill informed child.

i GUARANTEE you, if you take this to court, you WILL be laughed at by the judge, and will only waste EVEN MORE money due to a failed appeal, thus they take the court costs of ~$150 or so and keep it.
of course, the price may vary, i don't know the real amount, but if you had simply parked in the right spot, bough your school parking pass and/or was more aware of your surroundings and your location's vehicular statues, then you wouldn't be in this mess. pay up sucka.
Even the ticket and penalties would still have been cheaper than the $1,000 worth of damage in the "Bumper Cars" School Parking lot. Now if I had a smart car the there would be no ticket EVER since getting a parking spot would be easier than Ellen Degeneres getting chicks.

·
The Rubberband Man
3,547 Posts
I just paid a $300 ticket recently. There was a sign that clearly $300 fine that I did not see because i was blocked by a bus.
The cop gave me a $301 ticket. I mailed a check for $300. Now the city wants $21 more money because I didn't give them the $301.
If they want me to abide by what the sign says, don't they have to do the same? I hope the judge throws the book at the police and gives me back all $300.
There-in lies your mistake.
It's simple.

Fine written by cop = $301
Crayon written check = $300
A "Passat world" full of douche-baggery toward Sal29 = Priceless!

C'mon, Sal, this isn't difficult. The $20 added to your fine is probably a "failure to appear" fee for not having any common sense.

Even a :chewy: and a :troll: knows this!

uu8

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
There-in lies your mistake.
It's simple.

Fine written by cop = $301
Crayon written check = $300
A "Passat world" full of douche-baggery toward Sal29 = Priceless!

C'mon, Sal, this isn't difficult. The $20 added to your fine is probably a "failure to appear" fee for not having any common sense.

Even a :chewy: and a :troll: knows this!

uu8
a turd and a troll even know this?!?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Even the ticket and penalties would still have been cheaper than the $1,000 worth of damage in the "Bumper Cars" School Parking lot. Now if I had a smart car the there would be no ticket EVER since getting a parking spot would be easier than Ellen Degeneres getting chicks.
sal you and your stupid remarks

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Seriously everyone, please stop feeding Sal29. He starts these types of threads because he enjoys reading everyone's comments - if you stop responding completely, he will eventually grow tired and go away. And then we will all be much happier.

·
13,904 Posts

uu8
hmmm. if it was failure to appear, then i'd say the fine should be much larger as common sense is still absent.

a turd and a troll even know this?!?
hmm...
"you don't know sh*t" is a generally accepted phrase towards sal, but i guess "sh*t knows more than you" would be an appropriate spin here. :lol:

·
13,904 Posts
Rather than trying to prove a point over $1 you should have just let it go. Now you want to try and fight the extra $20? Why would you VOLUNTARILY have more dealings with the traffic court than you have to? You're prolly going to spend more than the $1 on gas to just drive to the court for to handle it, pretty much rendering the point you're trying to make ridiculous.

And just think if the judge DID "throw the book" at the cops (ya, that's gonna happen :lol:). Why don't you just put a bumper sticker on your car that reads "PULL ME OVER PIGGY" because all you'd be doing is painting a target on your car.

Sending $300 on a $301 ticket to prove a point? Probably the most passive-aggressive pussy move I have heard of. They should have fined you more than an extra $20 for wasting their time. The joke is obviously on you, pay the $21 and quit crying.
paragraph one response/note: the $20 CAN NOT be refunded under any circumstances as it was a fee for failure of complete payment. under the system in which we reside, yes, i suppose the ticket amount could be negotiable within a court setting, but all other fees for handling of this account are outside of your & their control (other than to bill you as necessary).

paragraph two response/note: LOL! i just saw one of those demotivational posters the other day with an idiot pulled over by a cop, from the cop car's camera POV. on the hat shelf of the suspect's car was a sign "cops can suck dick" or something to that affect.
needless to say, for voicing his opinion in an inappropriate and HIGHLY illogical manner, he had the book not only thrown at him, but the corner stabbed him in the eye (bursting it) when it hit him, so to speak.

P3R/N: agreed. keeping one dollar to say "i think i have bigger balls than you" is really nothing to be proud of, or to do...

now, i would have understood if you had made the slight mistake writing out the check, and had gone in to the court office and apologized to them about the mishap, and they likely too would have possibly overlooked it as well.

fact of the matter is the "pay up sucka" clause as you just continued to bitch about it and make a fuss.

seriously sal, when are you going to grow up?

if you don't like all these tickets and problems with your car you think you're having, just sell the hunk! ride the public transportation!

shit, i live in plano. our system sucks, but if i were in your boots and going on complaining and bitching as this, i would have sold my car and written it off a long time ago as i would feel it stupid to put myself into these situations again, thus forcing myself into hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for maintenance and this excess of legal crap you keep getting into.

·
13,904 Posts
What I meant was, instead of sending in a $300 check on a $301 ticket, he should have sent a $301 check with a letter explaining that his ticket should have been only $300. That's the only way to get your money back. Pretty pointless to spend time writing a letter for $1, but when you think about the dude posting this, it makes a lot of sense. :poke:

The $20 is obviously a lost cause.
eh? now, does that actually work? it seems to me the beurocratic agencies would either ignore the letter, or read it only for a quick bit of laughter.
for things as the lowering of a ticket price, i've always been under the assumption that you need the direct court's authority to have the price changed, specifically from a judge.

·
13,904 Posts
I don't know about other states but you can in Oregon. You check the box pleading "no contest" and send in the full amount with a written explanation and you may or may not get some money back. In my experience if you plead guilty they almost always cut your ticket in half also, at least the judge does at the courthouse I've usually dealt with in Beaverton (the Justice Court not the Municipal Court). Again I'm not sure how it works anywhere else, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I got anything back was because the cop charged me too much in the first place, not because they wanted to cut me a break.
we have the no contest plea in texas as well.
and although you can plead guilt and have the ticket halfed, it's a much more negative thing to have, than paying half the ticket. if you're budget strapped, then i guess you will plea guilt for your half-month of groceries, but otherwise, its really a very detrimental thing to plea.

even though pleading no contest, and guilty have the same affect as "oh, well you did it." there is still a fundamental difference that it will play on job applications and other parts of life.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I"m taking it to court, and I'm even thinking about taking it to the media to show that cops are trying to rip people off. I'm sick and tired of cops trying to pray on poor college students especially when they cheat and write tickets that are AGAINST THE WRITTEN/POSTED LAW.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eh? now, does that actually work? it seems to me the beurocratic agencies would either ignore the letter, or read it only for a quick bit of laughter.
for things as the lowering of a ticket price, i've always been under the assumption that you need the direct court's authority to have the price changed, specifically from a judge.
You're obviously right. I'm taking it to court on the off chance that the judge sees the greedy cop as praying on starving college kids and writing tickets that are against the written/posted law so that hopefully the judge gets so disgusted with the cop that he gives me all the money back.
If that doesn't happen, there's not really a huge difference between 300 and 321 anyway.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.