Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered and I hope to encourage Passat owners in the Philippines to join this thread. Thanks. Will be posting my Passat picture very soon.:)

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Kabayan! Passat in the Philippines?? Now, that's something new! I've seen a couple of A6's and new Beetle bugs in Manila but not Passats. Welcome to PW and post some pics!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Passat in the Philippines!?!? No way, I had lived there all my freaking life and and didn't see any Passats. I have one now but live in the US.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Thats awesome Jim! I find that Asian and North American blends brings out a good mix. 2 of my cousins are so, but yet to produce their own. I look forward meeting your grandson and your son's family in the future during our gtg at your cottage someday! :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thats awesome Jim! I find that Asian and North American blends brings out a good mix. 2 of my cousins are so, but yet to produce their own. I look forward meeting your grandson and your son's family in the future during our gtg at your cottage someday! :D
Yeah, no S#!t !!!! American blend, even Europeans, asians do come out quite well. THank you god!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

.......even better if you see one in a passat.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mga Sakbayans...err, Kabayans!! Wows!! Passats Owners from P.I!!...but it's been nearly two years. Nassan ang mga pics??

Last time I've been to Manila (3 yrs ago)...Makati (of formerly Pasong Tamo South) specifically and I've seen only 1-2 B5s around and a sprinkle of New Beetles...and that was at a VW dealership supposedly (!).

I've been a B5 variant owner since '00...originally from Mervillle, Parana-Q (grew up with the old man's MBZ'es) and now based in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I drive a 2000 Passat whenever Im in Manila. Left by my late father. Nobody wants to drive it, they say it always gets broken but i dont have a problem with it. I drive it to Tagaytay, Zambales and Batangas with no problems. It is just in the garage gathering dust until i go home.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm temporarily living in the Philippines and I own a Passat, but it's in storage back in the US :cry: I've only seen a couple here, and one of them a B5.5 is in my barangay in Makati. I sometimes walk my Dog in that direction when I miss my Passat so I can look at it as we walk by :D It looks like it's a North American import, with the side markers and the wider Philippine license plates don't fit properly. I can't wait to get mine back again. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts