Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month's entry takes us down to Texas, and represents a model we haven't featured here before - a 2010 CC! Greg's car has caught the eye of more than a few here, and when it was suggested via a nomination, it was a slam dunk. Enjoy!

Well, I’ve never had to write an acceptance speech before but here it goes. I’d like to start by thanking all of my fellow competitors that competed for this honor. Luckily for me that number was very small, less than one in fact. So, by default I join the club! Anyway, thanks to whomever nominated me because I have thoroughly enjoyed this car; it’s nice to see that at least one person shares my taste! Anyway, the car is a Black/Black 2010 CC Sport. It came with the Gold Coast kit and DSG transmission. I don’t have any pictures of it bone stock but here it is with wheels (19” MRR 288), tint and smoked markers all around. I had the wheels put on but couldn’t get the car in for a drop until the next day. So, for one day I cruised around looking like this:

I know it’s almost painful to look at it when it rides that high, but at least it was only a day. The next day it looked like this:

I like my cars more subtle than this, so I decided to do something with the grill and those ugly orange reflectors. I bought OEM bi-xenons with the housing painted black. This gives the blackout look but doesn’t compromise on light output. I painted the outside of the grill gloss black and the front emblem was plasti-dipped. After putting on R-Line taillights the exterior looked like this:

For the ICE (I hesitate to even use that acronym since my setup is incredibly humble and ICE connotes (to me at least) a big, booming system; but I digress) I replaced the RCD-510 with a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD and add-on NAV. The impetus for this mod was to end up with monitors in the headrests for my 3- and 7-year old boys. So, monitors went in and I retained all steering wheel controls; now we can watch pretty much anything out there because Vudu, Netflix, Pandora, et al. all work in the car. The boys are happy and long(er) trips are manageable. Oh, there’s now a rear view camera as well; it actually saved me from running over one of our English Bulldogs so it’s paid for itself. Here’s a shot of the “toddler cave:”

And the dog my Lock Pick Bar Cam saved:

The rest of the interior got some love in the form of an R-Line pedal kit and an MKVI MFSW w/ DSG paddles. Obligatory shot:

I just finished a brake upgrade that in hindsight I might not have done if I actually had some foresight. That sentence is almost as confusing as this upgrade. Anyway, all’s well that ends well, and “well” in this case is defined as 6 piston Cayenne calipers painted gloss black (w/ painted white Brembo stencil), 330mm rotors, stainless steel brake lines and Brembo pads. Here’s a shot (it’s so subtle behind these wheels that it’s hard to get a good picture):

Out of sight I have a Stage II Carbonio CAI, Stage II APR flash, 24mm H&R rear sway bar, BB downpipe, BSH pendulum mount, spacers (15mm in front and 8mm in rear), and I am dropped on KW Variant coilovers. Since I’m not hoisting the car up to take a picture of the downpipe I’ll leave you with my favorite picture of the car:

Thanks to all of you that help the helpless (me) tackle the steep learning curve of things like VHT Nightshade, plasti-dip and caliper paint. What a great way to access the most elite VAG minds on the planet since your humble narrator (pronounced in a British accent for those of you in the know) is clearly not one of them. I have met some great people on this forum and I really do appreciate how willing and able everyone is to lend a hand (or a screwdriver). Thanks!

·
Registered
26,077 Posts
Congrats, it looks even better in person!

I really like the back up camera too, even if I did not try to run anyone over.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats, it looks even better in person!

I really like the back up camera too, even if I did not try to run anyone over.
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments. And thanks to you Paul (PZ). Paul installed all of my suspension components as well as completed the brake upgrade. He does great work! :wrench:

·
Registered
77 Posts
This car is smooth. A VW Sports car that can still run the kids around town. WELL Done. Did the Pioneer hook up give you trouble? Amazing how you got all the controls to work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support!

This car is smooth. A VW Sports car that can still run the kids around town. WELL Done. Did the Pioneer hook up give you trouble? Amazing how you got all the controls to work.
Thank you sir. The Pioneer hookup has been smooth as can be. The PAC adapter needed a tweak at one point (they released an updated version so I had to get my old one replaced) but other than that, no issues at all. Steering wheel controls are definitely the key (for me at least) for any aftermarket stereo...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts