Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on passat of the month.... I am curantly looking to do some suspension work on my car, and i had a couple of questions for you. I have been on Neuspeeds sight and liked there sport springs... which should drop me and inch and a half all the way around. Also i was pleased with the research i did on the Bilstein Shocks. So my questions are... did you need a camber kit and if so what did you use, and how low are you riding now? Thanks for your help.... and congrats again that car looks SICK!!!!!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
lilrose11 said:
Congrats on passat of the month.... I am curantly looking to do some suspension work on my car, and i had a couple of questions for you. I have been on Neuspeeds sight and liked there sport springs... which should drop me and inch and a half all the way around. Also i was pleased with the research i did on the Bilstein Shocks. So my questions are... did you need a camber kit and if so what did you use, and how low are you riding now? Thanks for your help.... and congrats again that car looks SICK!!!!!
I did not use a camber kit, even with the spacers I used in the rear. Tire wear is not much of an issue. The drop has settled some, and if I was still driving the car I would probably consider raising the front to the neutral position of the Bilstein strut. I recommend the setup I had!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Aww yes....congrats man...you're passat inspired me to get those same wheels...thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
l5gcw0b said:
Congrats Adam! Long time no see :D

Later!
Hey, thanks man, it has been a long time. I actually saw you driving about a month back near the Plaza... car still looks awesome and certainly turned my head!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi

Rusty said:
Passat of the Month - June 2006
Adam Bleser (Bleser)
Overland Park, KS USA

First and foremost I would like to say that I am truly honored to be Passat of the Month. There have been many beautiful and award-worthy customized Passats over the years as Passat of the Month, so I am quite flattered to have this opportunity.

The roots of owning my Passat actually come from a Volkswagen Jetta. My friend purchased a 2001 Jetta GLS in November of 2001, and after taking a ride in it, I was truly impressed. Not so much by the power (it was the 2.0L 115 HP four-cylinder), but the overall quality of the car. The way the interior was laid out and everything that the engineers thought of truly blew me away. I am also proud of my German heritage, so to own a Volkswagen was right up my alley.

Fast-forward to the spring of 2003. I am about to graduate college and am looking to make that first new-car purchase. I set out to buy a Jetta having remembered its amazing quality and German roots, and as I am looking/researching, my father mentions the Passat. I immediately turned the idea down, saying that they are too expensive (I thought they started around $30K simply from the way they looked compared to other cars on the road). After paying a visit to VW’s Web site and seeing I could get in a GLS for around $25K, I was excited. Then I found these forums (which were then known as clubb5.com), and I was 100% decided. One look at julianfang’s profile, and WHAM, I knew what I wanted: a black B5.5 that would need some “alterations” from its stock form.

After purchasing my black/tan leather 1.8T GLS B5.5 in July of 2003, the ideas started to accumulate. I knew the stock 15’s had to go. I wanted a BBS-style wheel and found the new ASA (BBS licensed) AR1 wheel in 17x8”, which looked perfect. I had them installed before my first oil change. Then came the need to rid my car of the SUV - style wheel gap, so I purchased the full Eibach Pro-System suspension and had it installed.

Both were not quite right. The 17’s just looked too small, and the Eibach suspension on my 1.8T manual transmission Passat had the illusion that I had a body in my trunk at all times (the dreaded reverse-rake look). It had to be changed. So I ordered the same wheel in 18x8”. I also did a lot of suspension research and decided to replace the Eibach setup with Neuspeed Sport Springs and Neuspeed-Bilstein Grooved Shocks. I set the shocks to one notch below neutral and had them installed. Now we’re talking. The final two major steps were the full Votex body kit and GIAC 93-octane chip. The image in my head I had of my Passat the day that I bought it was now realized: a one-of-a-kind German head-turning sport sedan that I knew the Passat could be!

I have since sold the car, but kept it in my family. It is now proudly daily-driven by my brother who takes excellent care of it and keeps it well maintained. I help out with the maintenance and answer many questions from curious browsers of these forums.

None of this would be possible without the help, support, and ideas that I have gotten from these forums. PassatWorld’s community of people is truly a step above your “standard” automotive forum, and I am proud to be a member and a true Volkswagen driver. Thank you again to everyone at PassatWorld; you are all responsible for turning the Passat into a true 1st-class European Sports Sedan all over the world!​
hey bro can you tell me where you got the body kit cause i found the same body kit but the rear kit was not included. you think it's goono look weird if i dont put the rear one ?
and also your car will look a lot better if you put eyelids and get a mash grill
anyways hope to get an answear

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
rgraham said:
Very smooth Passat. Did you have any issues with you Passat?
I've had two... the power steering rack was leaking fluid and had to be replaced (under warranty) at about 20,000 miles, and I had a CV boot blow and need to be replaced (also under warranty) at about 30,000 miles. No issues with it since then.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Artinmusic said:
hey bro can you tell me where you got the body kit cause i found the same body kit but the rear kit was not included. you think it's goono look weird if i dont put the rear one ?
and also your car will look a lot better if you put eyelids and get a mash grill
anyways hope to get an answear
I got it from a group buy on these forums from a VW dealer. It is the geniune Votex kit. I don't think it will look weird without the rear, but you might want to sand down the black plastic area and at least paint it to match the car.

I agree, eyelids would look good (under or over eyelids). I had a mesh grill at one point and didn't like it... it looked too blank or boring being all black... the chrome pulls it together.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very, very nice. This is an inspiration for me, although with so many potholes in Ohio, 17" is about as large as I can safely go on the rims.

Nice choice on the G35. I was reading a post the other day that said the G35 and Passat B5/B5.5 had a Cd of 0.27, making them the most aerodynamic of any car that looks like a car and not a spaceship.

Questions:

Any certain wax that worked best for you?

Also, what set the GIAC chip apart from the others?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could u tell me the size of the tyres?? thanks.

btw, this is the NICEST passat i've seen ever!! I've got 2004 tdi in thailand and thinking of following your path!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts