Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month, we're headed to the great Pacific Northwest to chase down a B6 waggie. I've had my eye on this car for quite some time, and this month is the month it finally gets featured. Pat had a B5, realized it needed more love than he was capable of providing, and then moved onto a newer Passat and made it all his own.

Congrats, Pat, for being selected Passat of the Month for July, 2011, and take it away!

I have to be honest when I read the PM from Jay titled "It's time to get your write up ready" my jaw dropped! I actually thought he was kidding...but here I am in front of my computer typing out my write up and here it goes!

Let me start this off by giving a big THANKS to Passatworld and all its members for the privilege of being considered and selected to join the ranks of quite a few highly regarded individuals...

So how did I get in to this Passat thing? It started back in April of 2007 with me looking over my bank statement and about having a heart attack over how much I was spending on gas per month for my gas thirsty 2004 V8 Explorer... I thought to myself, "There has to be a better way." I started searching through a few auto traders for a car that had a smaller engine but similar cargo space, and shortly stumbled across what would soon become my Candy White B5 Variant. Believe it or not, this car actually put money in my pocket from the gas money savings!!! After my purchase, I wanted to study up on the car, found PW and lurked for almost 9 months before I actually joined the site. Shortly after I joined, a fellow PNW-er (lucas13dourado) told me about this cruise to Port Townsend here in WA; needless to say, during that drive I quickly got the MOD itch as I realized that I was WAY behind the game.

Now because this nomination isn't all about the B5, I will fast forward a few years to March of 2010 and how some maintenance went wrong in a few different ways... To keep things moving, I will give you the highlights... I was changing my oil pan gasket/seal. While removing various parts I managed to ground out a bolt that led to a fire... I got the car cleaned up and back together, only to break the damn oil dip stick, ordered the $15 dollar part, and when I went in to pick it up my B5 days were numbered you can read the full story here:

Patrick McCann- Lakewood/Tacoma, WA

Enter the 2007 3.6L B6 Variant 4MOTION

(Picture by Heidi/Shawn Walsh)

It was love at first sight for me...and well, a phone call by the VW salesman asking me if I was planning on returning from my test drive (which lasted about 1.5 hrs)... Let me tell you, this was the first car I had ever test driven that made me smile, and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel!

MODS:
Hi Def Body kit (Front and Sides) Votex rear lip
19" MAE Crown Jewel Mono Blocks 8.5 up front 9.5 out back
with polished lips and color matched centers
Airlift Bags front and rear
Accuair E-level Management (Bag Riders)
Custom Cubby Sub Enclosure (Sam Walker)
Euro Tails (Thanks Jack)
Smoked front turn signals
Revo Software
Tinted glass
Euro switch w/ brushed alum. dial
Podi column pod
Podi Valentine 1 gauge (radar detector)

In the works:
Exhaust work and tips
Inner Tails
New wheels
Podi dual column pod for Air ride monitoring
and possibly a Super Charger...if one is ever made:lol:

If it wasn't for PW, a handful of it's members and especially a few fellow Bunnies who have helped me along the way this POTM nomination wouldn't be a reality for me... So once again let me say thank you for your support and the honor and privilege of being the July 2011 POTM!! :salute:

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Great looking cars, the both of them. The new one is simply stunning. :thumbup: :driving:

I don't know if Jay mentioned this, but POTM recipients are supposed to let me drive their car for a month so I can do a thorough evaluation. :angel:

·
Registered
462 Posts
CONGRATS on the nomination and the award. Both wagons are truly sick. You have helped to give me new hopes and aspirations. Keep up the great work.

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
Sweet ride bro...bunny stylz.

When I head up there...first thing on the list is a drive (or ride) in it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Congratz Mr. July! :beer:

That waggon looks so amazing in person! Although, those are some sik pictures as well! Very well deserved :thumbup:

-Joe

:mad:
;)
:D

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
A very deserving car for sure... and being a B6 waggie is icing!

Welcome to the club... did you get your plaque and complimentary gift basket yet? :p

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
few days off the net and I miss this!!! Congrats Patrick! Well deserved man, too bad I can't see pics for some reason but I will check them out when I get back to the States...
:thumbup:
PS: I have the stuff I was telling you about in my hands...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts