1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passat of the Month - July 2007
Christina Wong – baisee00
SF & Rancho Cucamonga, CA USA

I had just finished my first year at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, moving out of the dorms and I needed a car. I really wanted a VW Golf but a family friend had just bought a 2002 Passat and told my Mom it was a really safe car. That is how I ended up with a 2002 Indigo Blue Passat GLS in September 2001. Modding never entered into my mind until that day I typed “Volkswagen Passat” into Google. The rest my friends, is history.

Club B5 has always meant a lot to me. This is where I learned about every mod I’ve done to my car, how to take the car apart and put it back together. It was always fun making everyone think I was one of the guys. I credit this site for helping this girl mod her car all by herself. Throughout all the years CB5 was THE only website that had all the info you would ever need about the Passat. Throughout the years I used excuses such as a blown tire to get my Rondell rims, a cracked stock grille for a Kamei sport grille and so on. “Nose” as the blue b5.5 was named had slowly evolved from a stock Touareg to a lowered, HANDSOME OEM plus ride. Looking at this car makes me proud as I learned the fine art of modding.

Nose got me through all my college years, countless drives from San Luis to San Francisco and San Luis to Los Angeles. It was my baby and I loved that car.

I graduated school and it was time for something new. The b5.5 was being handed down to my little brother and this was my opportunity to get something new and shiny. I had always wanted a wagon and looked at countless wagons. After researching for many months I took delivery of a 2007 United Grey Passat Variant but this time instead of getting a base model, this bad boy was fully loaded. I told myself since the wagon was fully loaded there was no reason to mod. This time, I have to thank Passatworld for helping me spend all my money once again. Thanks to all of you, I have modded the wagon and unfortunately I’m not done.

Even though I’ve been a member since early 2003, I have seen this community grow so much. From threads about the “benefits of a K&N filter” to “what’s your favorite Asian food” this forum always has something going on. I have met so many awesome people, many of these people I see all the time and can really call friends. One of them, I see everyday. I’d like to thank Blakwag, Julianfang, ALFRED, O22Ripper, bluebora20v and of course Schmove. I couldn’t have done it without you.

This really is an honor for me as I have always thought I’d never get the coveted “B5OTM”. This site does mean a lot to me, and thank you for helping mod my 2 babies. Thank you Thank you Thank you, I’m really speechless....

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
awww thanks everyone! and yes I am a girl! OMGWTF!!!!! I didn't even know this was up until someone emailed me! so it was definately a surprise!

I couldn't do it without all you dudes!

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Congratulations baisee00, nice cars & well deserved :thumbup:

(I was one of them that thought you were a guy :lol: , my bad)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts