1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats, Steve!

Steven Coleman (Jumpman513)
Cincinnati, Ohio <--> San Antonio, Texas

First off I want to Thank Passatworld for this opportunity that almost never happened. After a year in South Korea, I returned in '04 stationed at Langley AFB, VA with no means of transportation. I had no idea what to buy as a first car, so I went with the practical safe choice (Honda Accord). While browsing the Honda Dealership lot I noticed a car that didn't fit in with the others. I didn't even know what a Passat was, I took it for a test drive and loved it. With 46k on the dash and one previous owner I bought my first car.

The first 6 months were rough I was thinking about trading her in for something more dependable, everything was falling apart or failing left and right. Having no automotive background I began to get frustrated but a good friend told me to be patient and check out the internet forums for help, I goolged "Passat Forum" and boom...the rest was history, let the modding begin.

I managed to change the look of her a couple times. I wanted a classy OEM look with style so I bought new wheels/grill, headlights, tails and painted the lower valences.

Passatworld helped me out a lot on basic maintenance and mechanics 101, I also took with me a lot of good friendships past and present on the forum. Thanks Passatworld, PanaSSat24, Quality_Sound, Antwrig, VWturbo76, Swcrow17, R36 Dreams, Ryan8186, LuvmyB5, Dubstop (Russ), 757Dubs, EuroColony, HRDubs and everyone else that forgot that know who you are.

None of this would have been possible with out the help of everyone on the forum. The information, wisdom, and advice found in here is second-to-none. I am honored to have my Passat selected for "POTM”

Steve

Specs

Engine
APR 93 chip
APR Turbo Inlet Hose
Forge DV

Suspension
Koni Adjustable Coils
Neuspeed Front & Rear Sway Bar

Brakes and wheels
ECS Tuning Stage II Ver.2 Porsche BBK
19x8.5 BBS CK
235/35/19 General Exclaim Tires

Lights
53K McCulloch HID kit
Smoked LED Sidemarkers
Smoked Angel Eye Headlights
Super White LED AE Bulbs
Tinted Tails

Exterior
Alientech Window Controller
Badgeless Black Grill
Color-matched Lowers
Panzer Skid Plate

ICE
Kenwood DDX7017 Receiver
Kenwood Hideaway Navi System
Kenwood Ipod Interface
Infinity Kappa Component Speakers Front & Rear

Interior
"Passat" Monster Mats
W8 Overhead Light Mod
NB Sunglass Holder
42 Draft Design Interior LEDs

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
YES! FINALLY!!!!!

Congrats Steve!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

It's about time...I've loved your setup since that first NOVA GTG when I met ya (and PanaSSat24 blew out his CV boot :D)...that pic where I'm next to you was pre-mod! I STILL want your brake/wheel setup :lol:. And that roof was the icing on the cake.

GO BUCKEYES

:salute:...thanks for still serving bro

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,165 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
YES! FINALLY!!!!!
Congrats Steve! It's about time you made it in the alumni! Well deserved!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Aww...I missed the part about Scott mentioning about my cv joints blowing! That was a very sad day :( Dam you! I'm having flashbacks now! :poke:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
:beer:Congratz Steve!:beer:

Its good to see another Military service member make it to the ranks of POTM! :salute:

See you around the BIG state,

-Joe

:mad:
;)
:D

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Thanks everyone :germanflag:

Happy New Years, drive safe

hey congrates i like your wheels. you took my potm spot.:(
:whistle: :D

you took my spot :lol: your wheels are hawt too!

:beer:Congratz Steve!:beer:

Its good to see another Military service member make it to the ranks of POTM! :salute:

See you around the BIG state,

-Joe

:mad:
;)
:D
Thanks Joe :cool:
:driving:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I was wondering when your car would get the recognition it deserves...I've always loved your car. Very classy. Great job, congrats! :beer:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Congrats, seeing all these hot cars in POTM gives me alot of motivation to make my car look at least half as good as these cars.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts