Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm new to this forum and I would like some advice. I am currently looking to buy a Passat Estate 2.5 V6 TDI and I have noticed that some 2002 cars the sellers claim that the BHP figures as standard are anything between 163 - 170 BHP I was always led to believe that the 2.5 V6 was a 150 BHP engine can anybody help me on this as I am looking to buy a 2002 model if the BHP figures are different how can I tell the difference between a 150 and 163 BHP. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything else I need to look for when buying this model I'm just afraid somebody will sell me a 150 BHP claiming it to be a 163 BHP. :)

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Welcome to the club, since you are in Europe, I don't know much about the specs over there but I'm sure someone will chime in. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome I seen the newbie forum and thought it would be an appropriate place to put it.

I've put it in the right place now so hopefully I will get some replies. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You might try over at tdiclub.com -- there are few TDI drivers around here, let alone Euro TDI drivers :)

A V6 TDI does sound like a lot of fun though, I bet the torque rating on that is through the roof!

·
Registered
28,326 Posts
I thought there were only the 150hp and 180hp versions of the 2.5L TDI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts