Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parking attendant at a garage in Manhattan crashed the front portion of my car. My front bumper and my Euro HID are F...k uped. What would you do? How would you handle the situation. They claim they will pay for the damages (which obviously they should).

But tell me what you'd do.

Thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, by the way it happened during the snow storm.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
jestic said:
I would take pictures and have an attourney on standby if they don't fix it as it was before the accident.
I would have the same suggestion for you. Make sure to take lots of pictures, make sure they have something in writing for you. Did you make a report with the cops? . I would also informed your insurance, they could go after them if they decide not to do anything. Just cover yourself :thumbup:

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
RAH said:
I would have the same suggestion for you. Make sure to take lots of pictures, make sure they have something in writing for you. Did you make a report with the cops? . I would also informed your insurance, they could go after them if they decide not to do anything. Just cover yourself :thumbup:
Good advice.:thumbup: Also, log all your telephone calls to anyone involved from insurance to parking garage, to body shop.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great.

thanks for the advise. I took plenty of pictures, they attendant also made out an accident report, stating that they were driving the car at the time of the accident and that they would fix it. Though I know the person or persons I need to speak with is the owner of the garage and I want my own body shop to do the repairs.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
dwight, sorry to hear bout this. but i agree, you need a police report. only prob is nyc cops aren't the best when it comes to traffic incident such as these. my bro's car experienced a hit and run (while it was parked, no major damage but noticeable none the least) and closest station pretty much brushed him off.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
luvmyb5 said:
make sure they know you had aftermarket parts, or if you get your indy to do it that he knows, otherwise you'll end up with stock north american parts...
2nd.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Hope it gets sorted out.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Where can I get replacement Euro HID's.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
dwight! seems like my local boys are having bad luck lately!

let's do a recap:
jae- belts cracked, brake pad gone
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204969

me- pes mishap, 30 min after picking car up after 2 week delay i get rearended by suv, damaging my trunk and bumper. (atleast i got a new bumper and trunk and painted my lowers)

jroo- mystery leak pending fix in shop

dan- never gets any love with the gtgs

joe- likes to drive around his block so he doesnt have to attend gtgs.

that's about it. as for your problem, did you file a police report? garage damage claims suck. they are a lot more tedious than driving a screw into your pinky nail. but if that's the route you took, dont wait for them to call you. the attendants file these damage reports on a daily basis and it's off their hands. they supposedly have a claim department but i've not had any luck with them. when my old maxima was stolen out of a garage, they file the report but tried to weasel out of it and at the end only tried to pay partial for the damages done by the thieves. i suggest you get the 800 # for the claim department and call them everyday, make sure they are processing that junk and get your money back. meanwhile, now you can consider the votex kit or paint your lowers. hehe.

again, sorry to hear about this bro... i havent heard from you in a while and it sucks to see you come back bearing a problem.

good luck!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Meltemie,

Thanks for the leads, unfortuantely ECSTuning carries Hella HID aftermarket as oppose to the EURO HID's I got from Steve Z1

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Charlie. Its been a tough week for me, first being suck in COLD Florida and getting a call from my wife about the car. My car is still in their garage, I can't drive it.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Damn man, that sucks! I hope everything gets resolved as stressfree as possible. As for the Euro HIDs, I've been looking, but you might want to do some searching on the 'Tex... and possibly ask the parking company for a little extra cash so you can pick them up later.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts