Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Passat B5 2000 mirrors can be replaced by others group VW with turn signal light indicator?

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,563 Posts
I would say with some creativity and adaptation it should be possible. There are of course two main issues here. One is that the newer mirror fits on the existing housing. If there's a mismatch then it may be a bit tough to get it done. The other issue is to wire the mirror's turn signal to the wiring of the car turn signal. This shouldn't be that hard though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I do believe that late B5.5 mirrors (which have the signal lamps that you want) are a direct bolt-on, and that the only wiring work needed is to add (or, more accurately, re-route to the mirror) the turn signal wiring.

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,563 Posts
I do believe that late B5.5 mirrors (which have the signal lamps that you want) are a direct bolt-on
Makes sense as the body of the same generation won't change from year to year that much. The only thing to find out is which model years of B5 generation started having mirrors with integrated turn signal on them.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Per Bentley schematics 48/11 and 48/15, turn signal lights in the mirrors started in November 2003 (build date) (look at the * and ** notes), so roughly 2004 models.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,016 Posts
2004.5 to be precise. I have an early build 2004 (9/2003) with regular mirrors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if Passat B5 2000 mirrors can be replaced by others group VW with turn signal light indicator?
Yes it is possible the housing is a littler bit bigger you have to get the wire harness off the vehicle that you are getting the mirror housing and connector, from, you will have to cut and splice the new harness in , solder the wires and use heat shrink tubing around them , you can the wire connector to the wires on left kick panel, me I would wire it directly to the blinker light on the front fender, I did this with the left rear bumper on 99 passat wagon and it work , so get the harness off the late 2004-2005 car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts