Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Did you destroy your lock, like in the video ?

A likely cause of your problem is a cracked solder joint on the PCB in the lock.
If you are re-using your lock or a used lock, I suggest you re-solder all connections on the PCB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did not destroyed it. I just helped the actuator by pushing the mechanical components. There is a plastic part and a metalic part that indicates the status of your lock.
The image attached is from the rear right lock so you have to imagine the mirror of this picture for the rear left side.

I bought a second hand lock and the complete wiring from a wreck yard. No i have a new challenge that the car somehow doesnot see the lock and the window. So the remote control is not working for the rear door for the moment. Only manual locking. But it is good enough for the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Does the replacement lock have exactly the same part number as the original ?

If you haven't already, you should re-solder all connections on the PCB.
You need to scan the CCM with a VAG scanner (preferably VCDS) and post the codes.

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
The hole will not be visible after the door card is reinstalled. I will try to make a sketch.
See the comment from Peter Cross.
I have used a smaller hole drill than he recommends but it was enough.
You will need to seal that hole properly. I suggest both sides with metal duct tape. I am not certain if the Passat used a door pressure sensor for the side airbags, but many cars too and a hole in the door would disable the side airbags.

Reactions: biehood
21 - 26 of 26 Posts