Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok B5.5 owners, check this video out. Speed is in kilometers translates to 155 MPH. Video is pretty good.

Can't get video, but go to streetfire.net click video and go to search and type volkswagen and will see a Speedometer pic click on pick and you will see. B5.5 can go really fast.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ok B5.5 owners, check this video out. Speed is in kilometers translates to 155 MPH. Video is pretty good.

Can't get video, but go to streetfire.net click video and go to search and type volkswagen and will see a Speedometer pic click on pick and you will see. B5.5 can go really fast.

Great link, thank you.
My W8 is chipped and did 174mph in August of 2006.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
nah guys, i actually know jpark from one of our gtg's. be nice, he's a good guy and rarely posts to know about sal29.

j for the record, top speed posts = automatic flaming

why... b/c of a fellow once named "sal29"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for backing me up 1.8ttturbo, and making it clear to all. And that I'm not a Ghost Booo> Happy Hallowen. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
At least he's doing it legally.

Anyone catch the R32 video?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe downhill with a tailwind? Stock 1.8T taching what appears to be about 6,200 rpms? Small tires? Fresh wax? Taped headlights? What are the secrets?
My stock V6 has trouble pushing 125 that damn sled. How could a stock 1.8T do 150?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Hmmm, I dunno. Maybe downhill with a tailwind? Stock 1.8T taching what appears to be about 6,200 rpms? Small tires? Fresh wax? Taped headlights? What are the secrets?
My stock V6 has trouble pushing 125 that damn sled. How could a stock 1.8T do 150?
I can't say I've crossed 120, but I've gotten close enough to say that crossing 125 without the limiter seemed possible.
I doubt its stock, but chipped to ~200hp.
I'm not saying its legit, but it could happen given a really long road.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts