Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm curious what everything have you code or what everything can be coded on B5.5 and what program have you used?

I've search on net and for windows up/down with remote control i need to have vds pro. is there anywhere on forum link with procedure?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Short answer, not much. With VCDS I've changed the speed at which the doors lock, horn door lock sound, transmission "sport mode" re-code, and turned off the door auto-lock so I can't lock my keys in the car anymore. That's about all you can do with replacing parts and re-coding it to work properly. If you use VCDS, their forum can walk you through the procedure.

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you able to disable safe lock (deadlock) function of the CCM?
In my CCM if doors are locked from inside then it does not deadlock them. But with remote it does deadlock. It require pressing remote 2 times for locking without deadlock.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I saw your post on this at tdiclub.
My answer is.... I don't know. We don't have that feature over here in the States.

I know that coding thread is 53 pages long now, but... maybe it was discussed (probably somewhere in the first 10 pages - that's where pretty much all of Miguel's posts are. And, he was awesome with this stuff.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
@cuppie thanks for the reply. I have Golf MK4 Variant. I looked everywhere and did not see anything about safe lock feature "in any thread on internet"
If what you said is true, then all I need is an american ccm? But then the question is exactly which part number... hmmm
By the way, strange enough my CCM part number is 1C0959799B and coding says 00259 . According to ross-tech
00259 is for 2 power windows and memory seats. I have no memory seats and 4 power windows. Strange?
I wish there was better manuals for this CCM.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I really don't know, sorry.
I do know that, from my adventures with re-coding various things on my B5.5 wagon, that functions are quite distributed throughout the CCM and the door modules (window motors.)
The CCM Is the boss, yes - but, anything that happens in a given door is actually operated by that respective window motor. So, is the difference in the CCM? The door modules? The door locks? I really don't have an answer as to which parts would need to be changed and/or re-coded.

One thing that I CAN tell you is that, if you got an NAR (North American Region) CCM, you would also need NAR remotes - we don't use the same remote radio frequency as you do over there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh yes, I forgot about the frequency issue. Remotes are cheap but I wouldn't want to bother really...

You are right, the locks have a mechanism inside for enabling safelock but same lock can function without enabling it. For example safelock does not engage if I use the lock/unlock button located inside the car. Safe lock works by locking the lock 2 times. It also has to unlock 2 times. Actually there is a video showing the lock operation, one guy apparently cut a window on lock mechanism and made a video. I found it quite interesting ->
<- although it does not show the locking action by the motor.

The double lock / safe lock is a feature of the CCM. Simply because I disconnected the door control module on front passenger side. CCM logged communication error and also a side effect was that it does not safe-lock any door anymore. It just locks it 1 time and doors can be opened from inside. As removal of one door control module can't effect others, it is clear that CCM sends locking signal twice to door control module to enable safe lock. So it goes like Unlocked -> Locked -> Safe Locked

Is there a way that CCM can become bricked by changing random memory locations or one can always undo the operation if the previous values were recorded?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Absolutely you could brick it.
As I recall, when Miguel (mageldado at TDI Club) was doing the early work on CCM coding, he bricked at least one, when he inadvertently disabled the K-line interface. Still fully functional - just can't talk to it like that.

As best as I can tell / have learned, most (if not all) of the 'central locking' config bits are contained in the 043xx address range. Possibly as narrow as 04350-04372.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As best as I can tell / have learned, most (if not all) of the 'central locking' config bits are contained in the 043xx address range. Possibly as narrow as 04350-04372.
So if I can get a dump of the CCM, we can perhaps compare with the US version? That sounds like a more sane idea. Just I am not exactly sure how to get the right equipment to dump it :) why nothing can be easy for a change :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Absolutely.
I actually have a few dumps saved from mine (both bone-stock, and with a couple modifications.) Warning: it's a LOT of code.

Up in post #4, I layed out most of what you need. Aside from those things, a copy of EasyCCM, as it can dump the complete CCM to a file.
If you have the hardware, I can host up the software for you to download.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@cuppie Excuse my nerdiness... As I understand that you need actual serial port which works in DOS to get VDS-Pro or EasyCCM finding the port etc. as they won't find USB based COM ports from DOS environment

But I was thinking, if I would use the normal USB based KKL cable, but run EasyCCM inside virtualbox and assign the serial port -> https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#serialports
This way DOS would see the serial port as a serial port and would not know anything about USB stuff :) Do you know if anybody tried that? sounds too easy to be true? :)
I have a few KKL cables so if that works, it would be great...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Correct. Because VDS-Pro and EasyCCM are DOS programs, they know nothing about USB. Because DOS doesn't know USB. ;)

I don't know if anyone has tried it in VirtualBox. There may or may not have been mention of that in the (very long) CCM coding thread at tdiclub. All I can say is, try it! The worst that could happen is that you can't connect to the CCM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@cuppie I found easyccm 0.1 beta, is that the latest version and it is in spanish? :) and vds-pro just says 18/10/1998. If these are the latest versions then I can try the cable tomorrow. Are they? Although I am not sure how to operate Miguel's program in spanish.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's the one. He never got it past that level. But, once you're 'in', it's pretty obvious what does what.
I don't remember the verbiage right now - but, Google Translate can help you figure out which command is 'backup to file' vs. 'restore from file.'

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know if anyone has tried it in VirtualBox. There may or may not have been mention of that in the (very long) CCM coding thread at tdiclub. All I can say is, try it! The worst that could happen is that you can't connect to the CCM.
Yes, I now tried a CH340 based cable and an FT232R based cable. At least the FT232R cable has communication LEDs so I could see that EasyCCM was able to reach to the cable. But I think FT232R one did not support KKL anyway. I used it with android/obd on my headunit before. It does not work with VCDS Lite either.

However it looks like CCM does not seem to respond. I found at lest 1 thread where somebody mentioned VMWare works, but it did not work for me :(

So... now I am not sure what to do as I do not even have a machine with serial port around here... I think I will try another cable with FTDI chip but supports k-line...not sure what other choice I have :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is funny as I realized I could not access CCM anymore using VCDS also. I had to reboot it by removing fuse 14... Perhaps something happened never the less ... hmm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts