Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new around here but we do have a Passat b5.5 in our family since 2006. Recently I encountered the famous "water to the ccm module" problem and I'm having some issues, hopefully someone can help me out.

I bought another ccm and wiring to replace my water damaged ccm. All good, I repaired the wiring harness and all the pins in the new connector are in the same spot as the original one. The ccm I bought has the exact serial number as the original one. The problem I'm having is the following: After connecting the ccm to the wiring harness everything works just fine, except the "door open" indication on the lcd in the gauge cluster. For example, if I open the drivers door, I get the indication that the passager door is opened (btw the car is LHD). When I open the passager door on the right side of the car, left door appeares open in the gauge cluster. Rear doors work normal.

Could the ccm be for a RHD Passat, therefor recieving "drivers door open" signal and showing passanger door open instead? Is there any way to program the ccm for a LHD car? I do have acces to VCS but I don't know how to use it xD

Also, does the ccm control the "open door" indication on the lcd in the gauge cluster?

Thank you very much!

·
I Know Stuff
10,579 Posts
Hi! Is it the ccm you're talking about? I have checked my ccm and could only find 2 connectors: T15 and T23
Sorry, I got that wrong.
The T29a is driver side window control module, and T29b is passenger side window control module.
As those Brown/Black wires are entirely within each door, you could not have crossed those wires.
It appears that there are crossed connections in or to the cluster.
I don't have a cluster diagram.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I got that wrong.
The T29a is driver side window control module, and T29b is passenger side window control module.
As those Brown/Black wires are entirely within each door, you could not have crossed those wires.
It appears that there are crossed connections in or to the cluster.
I don't have a cluster diagram.
Ok, I'm gonna have to dig further to find out what's wrong. Thank you very much for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.