Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well this is interesting as when I tried to get the petrol out, I disconnected the starter and removed the fuel hoses from the rail and placed them in the fuel can and tried to start the car to get the fuel out and nothing, fuel pump did not work. I then connected cables from spare battery on pins 1 and 4 and nothing and did a resistance check at 200 omhs and got no reading.

Is the fuel pump dead??????????

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Fuel pump was a dud. So After finding out the fuel pump had died I tested compression and all cylinders came around 170PSI which was fine, so I got a second hand fuel pump and tested it which showed that the pump worked. So I put everything back together as I was stripping the car for parts, once I got everything back together I tried to start the car, sadly it didn't start BUT it really wanted to, it was almost firing/misfiring but not fully. Then I realised that I mixed up the ignition leads for cylinders 2 and 4 after correcting this mistake there was nothing as at all, car no longer was trying to start there were no misfires anymore making me think that timing chain has skipped and with wrong cylinder arrangement it was trying to fire up.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts